Beta Infinite Metal Glitch

Discussion in 'Support!' started by stevedaman1228, September 28, 2013.

1. stevedaman1228

stevedaman1228 Member

I noticed that when playing the beta people seem to be using a glitch to obtain more metal from metal spots than what is available.

If you go to build a T2 metal extractor on a T1 metal extractor and click on it multiple times your T2 fabrication unit will continuously build T2 mex's on one metal spot allowing for massive amounts of metal production from one location.

I hope this helps and I hope it gets fixed soon before more people can use this exploit.
  2. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

I have noticed this too, but I was only able to build one T2 extractor above the T1.
  3. gsuberland

gsuberland Member

I'd like to see the T2-on-T1 extractor thing continue to work, where the T2 replaces the T1 one without having to delete the T1 first. That way you get continued T1 production whilst the T2 builds.

Definitely +1 on fixing the multiple T2 glitch though. That'd make the game sucky.
  4. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

I actually like the sorta jury rigged Tier 2.5 you get from putting a T1 and T2 on the same point, also keeps T1 fabbers relevant for the metal points.
    maxpowerz likes this.
  5. tripper

tripper Active Member

I've already run across someone abusing this.

Edit: Nabbed from someone elses screenie...
    [​IMG]

I was so mad bro...
    Last edited: September 29, 2013
    stevedaman1228 likes this.
  6. vorell255

vorell255 Active Member

I haven't been able to do the infinte t2 metal thing yet.....But I as well like the t1 and t2 together thing.
  7. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Would be cool to keep the T1, T2 and, upgraded T1 to T2 MEX idea.
    I Think it adds diversity to the 2 units being able to combine them to get a slight bonus, as long as it can't be abused.
  8. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

The only thing it adds is a ton of unnecessary micromanagement. Which for a game on this scale is not good.
  9. stevedaman1228

stevedaman1228 Member

Yea, I have no issue with being able to place 1 T2 on a T1, as a matter of fact I like it a lot, but being able to place multiple on T2 on one spot breaks the game.
  10. maxpowerz

what about planets with a low amount of metal spots available, wouldn't it be a good bonus?
    And on a planet with tons of metal spots, then yes the bonus to building a T1 then T2 extractor on top ratio would be a massive waste of time in micromanagement, thus adding strategy too , do i waste my time for the better bonus?? does this planet need for me to get the bonus or should i just build a T2 on this spot without the T1 extractor first?
  11. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Whats the point of making a planet with low metal amounts when you can avoid that?

Additionaly: When is not having more metal not a good strategy? Thus you would always be required to build (and click) twice the time on all planets.

Also, isn't there allready enough to do (ok, not in the early part but thats because metal spot placement is a bit fubar atm) in all stages of the game? Why do you want to be forced to do tedious micro of the economy even more?

And lastly, aren't people with more APM on averagy good enough at the game yet? Do we have to give them even more of an advantage? Shouldn't we reward sound planning and interesting strategies more then rewarding high APM?
  12. pieman2906

pieman2906 Well-Known Member

Just to clarify, you don't need to build the T1 first ingame atm, you can build the T2 first, then the T1 into it, if you look, the models for the two even allign to each other, and fit around each other, i think it might be intentional.
  13. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Its intentional that you can build the t2 over the t1. I'm pretty sure that its not intentional that the t1 remains or can be build over the t2.
  14. maxpowerz

either way the time taken to combine the units is the same.
  15. Artamentix

Artamentix Member

Being able to build 1 T2 on a T1 or vice versa is the dev's solution for upgrading the metal extractors. Instead of the building itself having the functionality to upgrade itself, engineers have to do the construction. And instead of destroying the obsolete extractor (which is micro heavy), they allow you to build a T2 over a T1 or a T1 over a T2.
  16. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Even if it's stupid as all hell and possibly the most game-breaking glitch since 1-hit-kill Stompers, It actually looks pretty cool.
  17. ShasODerpy

ShasODerpy Member

my thoughts exactly..? Scary...
  18. Devak

Devak Post Master General

I would like to refer to this:
    https://forums.uberent.com/threads/bug-exploit-infinite-stackable-t2-mexes.51964/

specifically:
    gsuberland likes this.
  19. tripper

tripper Active Member

One of each extractor is good and I like, hundreds of Adv. MEx on one metal spot is not good. The strategy emerges from how you manage and protect your assets and resources whilst simultaneously depriving your opponents of them.

More territory under your control equals more resources, more resources means you can afford larger armies and better equipment, this is the nature of the beast. Tighter concentrations of metal spots become important strategic objectives for capture or destruction.

Never venture beyond the the first metal cluster you find and you should expect to fail catastrophically, bar an overeager comm, charging your death-ball, *cough*.