T2 engineers, unable to build T1 Factories

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ghost1107, September 29, 2013.

1. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

I noticed this problem when I sent a T2 Land Engineer to another planet to build a base. The T2 land engineer and the T2 land factory (by extention) have no way of making water, air or bots.

I understand that the T2 factory can only make T2 of its own kind. But I think that the T2 engineer should be at least be able to build all T1 factories.

Imagin your base getting attacked and all your factorys destoyed and you only have 1 T2 land engineer left. (ignoring the commander) You can now only rebuild a T2 land factory.

So colonizing should only be done with the commander of a T1 engineer. However, this also means you Lose T2 when you get to an new planet. Gaining a foot hold on a planet would be increasingly difficult.

Was this done on purpose? All feed-back is appriciated. :)
  2. Culverin

Culverin Post Master General

My assumption is that this will come.
  3. emb4

emb4 Active Member

I think they did this on purpose because tier 2 isn't supposed to be better in every way than tier one in this game.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

This.

It isn't T1 and T2. It's Basic and Advanced. Both sets of units are viable.
  5. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Given the way the current units are, it could go either way to be honest. We HOPE both tiers will be viable.

Mike
  6. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

You know, we keep saying this, but do the numbers really add up? An army of advanced units vs an army of basic units with equal metal and energy cost; would they really come out as a draw?
  7. hanspeterschnitzel

hanspeterschnitzel Active Member

You could send a basic and an advanced engineer at once if you want to colonize a planet. :p Or send your commander. (would only recommend that in team games)