1. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

Why are there no astoids? Am I the only one wondering this?

If I ram an astoid into a planet it would give a big crater like the current crater size. But if I throw a moon that is have the size of the planet doesnt that destoy about half the planet?

I know its still beta and the first implementation of planet smashing. That is why I ask:

Will there be astoids???
  2. CommanderJoe

CommanderJoe New Member

How many engines do you have to build for each planet size?
  3. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Yeah i think "or hope" they will add another designation besides planet, so you can add sub 200 size planets that will be asteroid.

Atm you can force it to make planets under 200, by typing it lower, but they become square cubes lol
  4. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

Devs have been talking about it, but main issues are system generation and balance. Right now 5+ planets are taking players 5 min to load in a game. Imagine what 200 small asteroids would do. It won't be attempted until the main features like moons and planets are stable. The other problem you face is what happens when a commander jumps from asteroid to asteroid? Current cat and mouse games on planets is enough of a pain in the ***. Imagine across 200 zones with fog war? It would prolong the last part of end-game far to long. Especially if the player running only has a commander left.
  5. ghost1107

ghost1107 Active Member

Yes, finding a commander on 200 astoids wouldnt be fun at all. Also and astoid is very smal so it would be extremely anoing with the camera.

Maybe make it so that you can only sent 1 type of units to astoids. And when the unit arives it automaticly turns the astoid into a KEW (Kenetic Energy Weapon).
    Build special unit > build rocket > unit into rocket > rocket to astoid > and in 5min a KEW is born

If you do it like this you could make the astoids a lot simpler in design.
  6. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

You could also do it so asteroids are still pretty big, so when you select an asteroid belt all players go to the same asteroid and play on that. When that asteroid is destroyed another comes up.

Or have belt with only 5 or so asteroids to choose from that are big enough to be playable.

Either way you can have a belt that looks like alot but are mostly just models, and one or a few to play on. That could be cool. Actually I want the second one. And the asteroids could have alpha numeric designations! And there should only have to be a dozen non-playable asteroid models for variance. THIS IS DOABLE! :D
  7. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Asteroids = Small Small moon in engine terms.

In the future Jon has commented that they want options in the system editor to do things like auto-populate an asteroid belt and such.

Mike