Request-- Button/Icon for finding inactive engineers.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by bored1ed, September 28, 2013.

1. bored1ed

bored1ed New Member

This may have been posted already or already a confirmed to be in the final game but I just wanted to make sure. I hope the game will soon have a button to help me find inactive engineers. When battles get intense it gets a little hard to locate my commander and engineers.

Beta has been fun so far!
  2. darac

darac Active Member

I agree. Perhaps a yellow and black strategic icon on those units would help as well. Enemy ones can remain as their own team colour but your fabricators and commander will stand out if they were highlighted by a different colour at the strategic level.
  3. kmike13

kmike13 Member

I think there already is a button that selects idle fabbers.

Edit: try f
  4. bored1ed

bored1ed New Member

Hmmm. I'll give that a try now. Still a Supreme Commander type button would be handy :)
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

There's a keyboard shortcut for it... can't remember what it is.

Look at the keyboard shortcuts in the settings.

I'm sure a button will be added down the line.
  6. v1c7r1x

v1c7r1x New Member

The "f" shortcut selects all idle fabbers. Personally I'd also like to have the option to cycle through the single idle fabbers with a hotkey; I'm quite used to that from playing SCFA and SupCom2, and it's a rather useful feature in my opinion.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

It's been suggested and one of the devs have said it will likely be a thing. I'm having a hard time finding links of late because the forums have exploded since Beta release. So you'll have to take my word on it!
    bored1ed likes this.