Hard XBOX lockup twice in 2 days

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Feedback and Issues' started by CStubing, December 3, 2010.

1. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

only the one from the other night still thankfully, but i dont play nearly as much as you people so that might be why.
  2. NameMonkey Boy

NameMonkey Boy New Member

Been getting frozen Xbox at least once a night since DLC was released. mainly during host migration.
  3. Manouso

Manouso New Member

I don't think it's a matter of time played.
    In the past four days it's probably locked up 10 times for me.
    I tried playing for about an hour today, and two lock ups made me shut it off.
  4. BoltAktion

BoltAktion New Member

Got my first lock up a day or two ago, ofc playing mnc...think it was spunky
  5. Mastah

Mastah New Member

It happened to me twice, each time when I was slamming with my gunner....
  6. CStubing

CStubing New Member

Have you noticed any patterns in what you're doing or what is happening in the game when the lockups happen?
  7. Manouso

Manouso New Member

I believe it happens more when you're host.
    Everytime host migrated I could host push bots and low and behold the game would freeze shortly after.
    Also see page two screen shots.
    I've frozen while grappling twice, shurikening once, and the rest I don't remember.
    Most of them I don't think I was doing anything too intense.
    Played a long stretch with Lief as host yesterday and didn't freeze once.
  8. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

the one time it happened to me i was host too
  9. CStubing

CStubing New Member

I've had the same impression -- seems like I'm host whenever it happens. I even had it happen in the menus once.
  10. Efferri

Efferri New Member

I also locked up twice last night. One time I was in the lobby and my XBL notification came up... LOCKED!

Second time I was playing on Steel Peel, and it locked. When I logged back on, the people in my party said I was the host and everyone dropped when I locked up.

Spunky DLC is more like Funky DLC. :lol:
  11. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

We didn't notice this during development. It could be an issue with retail kits vs dev kits. We'll try to isolate it for the next update. Any more info when it does occur is helpful. Thank you.
  12. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

It has only happened to me when i had host and s*** was hitting the fan. For example, 4 people in my base and I juice to try to remove them. Just as the my ball is about to drop, I activate my juice and my xbox freezes.
  13. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Host definitely seems to play a factor into the xbox freezing. I never got host prior to the DLC, and now that I am getting host again, my xbox freezes ALL THE TIME.

As JON10395 said, it seems to happen when there's a lot going on. Examples include grappling, using Juice, dealing high damage, Gunner slams, and the like. I even occasionally get the lockup when trying to search for a match. That never stops me from restarting my xbox and retrying, but it does get tedious.
  14. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

yes definitely a host only issue from what i see. just locked up on ammo mule enemy ball was down and as i approach the annihilator"i did not press yet" it froze. i was support and i was hosting this match.
  15. CStubing

CStubing New Member

It happens if I do the gunner slam, while juicing, while host pretty consistently.
  16. InsolubleFluff

InsolubleFluff New Member

I've had this happen to me a lot of times in the recent times also, I don't remember specifically what was happening in the occasions but i'll make sure to report back to this thread as soon as I get more details :)!
  17. Manouso

Manouso New Member

I've figured it out!
    Every time I grapple a gunner he turns his hax on and freezes my box tiki style.

[​IMG]
  18. AARPS

AARPS New Member

I just got it while juiced as a support and a gunner slammed in front of me.
  19. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

i caught the bug. might just be too high of a processor spike in such a short time, that it cant catch up.

i did it near longshots, someone just juiced, airstrikes were also blowing up, and both teams had all turret nubs occupied.

so, just a really high spike. any way to make the game cut down on frame rate to save the processor when its detecting so much going on?
  20. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

it definitely doesnt seem to be a processor spike since the last two times it happened to me the match had only just started and it froze as my team was leaving the spawn.

im willing to bet this issue has more to do with xboxlive itself.