Panda thinks pa.exe is a virus

Discussion in 'Support!' started by umbralreaver, September 27, 2013.

1. umbralreaver

umbralreaver New Member

I can't get the updater to finish verifying files, as Panda Antivirus intercepts and nukes pa.exe before it can finish. D:
  2. purecaldari

purecaldari Member

Switch Panda off temporarily.
  3. asgo

asgo Member

I'm going out on a limb, but I would tentative claim that pa is (probably) not a virus. ;)
    while it's inconvenient, disabling the antivirus during update might be the fastest workaround.
    On the other hand, just out of interest, I would like to know what the Panda Antivirus identified as virus.
  4. umbralreaver

umbralreaver New Member

PA.exe "Suspicious file neutralized."
  5. mosar

mosar New Member

Just click on the panda pop up then you click on the file and say its Okey my friend :p
  6. umbralreaver

umbralreaver New Member

Yeah, it works now.

Now all I have to do is see if I can fix my internet connection to provide enough stability to play online (an ongoing problem).
  7. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

Not quite related to panda, but I had a similar problem with the pure pa.exe with avast. Kept on wanting to quarantine it or put it in sandbox mode. As long as you downloaded it from the uber website its fine. Didn't have a problem at all with the steam version.
  8. battletech

battletech Member

YOU HAVE FOUND THE TRUTH!
    It is a virus, and going to build robots to kill us all and take over the world.
    :D