What is the point of this game? It already exists.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by xterminator27, September 27, 2013.

1. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

If they are here to improve the game then what do you want changed? what did you expect from this game? it is in beta right now and has a huge amount (in my eyes) awesomeness that i can't wait to see and play with :) so what exactly is your problem with the concepts at play here? also remember TA and SupCom are fully done games when you played them... you are currently playing a beta and saying it should not exist because in your eyes its not as good as them... so once again i ask you what do you want done to it to make it better?

(sorry to everyone else for "feeding the troll" but I just couldn't not put in my two cents here)
  2. furlock

furlock Member

Obvious troll is obvious and bad.
  3. Badtoasters

Badtoasters Member

Why can't we all just get a long? *cries softly to self* :)
  4. xterminator27

xterminator27 New Member

Yeah I sure was "proven wrong".

Your retort was, "its not the exact same game op!! It is only 98% the same game!! There is a planet too!"

Please, take off the blinders and see the game for what it is. Supreme Commander on planets. Nothing new. Nothing unique. Same game, different map.
  5. lancemich

lancemich Member

Hahaha Ive always thought this
  6. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

Supreme Commander on planets is why I backed this, or to be more precise, Total Annihilation with planets. Given all the materials presented from the Kickstarter campaign up until now, I would say TA + planets is exactly what Uber were advertising and if you ever felt misled then you were incredibly lazy or stupid in your pre-purchase research. If it was possible to mod TA / SupCom to have interplanetary mechanics then sure go ahead and save us all some cash and Uber can stop killing themselves getting this thing made, but we both know there's zero possibility for that given the engines they run on. TA and SupCom attempted to bring RTS to "global" scale maps, and the final piece of that puzzle is spherical maps, something I always wanted (although admittedly I envisioned it more like wrapped edges, I didn't have the balls to imagine ACTUAL planets, as Uber have). You can call it brown nosing if you like, Uber are simply giving the majority of us exactly what we want. We shouldn't need to disagree with them in principle.
  7. plink

plink Active Member

Well said carn1x. I feel the same. I wanted a spherical Total Annihilation / SupCom and we got it with PA. Being able to smash the planets together was just icing on the cake.
    whisperr likes this.
  8. Tris375

Tris375 New Member

I don't know what kind of mouse you are using but as far as I know every mouse has the "middle" click button placed conveniently between the left click and right click buttons. You're telling me you can't move your finger a few millimeters to click it?
  9. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

No, what he was telling you is, that the mouse wheel is barely click-able on many mouses. At least not without accidentally triggering scroll behavior and the force required is usually also a lot higher than with the other two buttons so you don't accidentally perform a middle click when you only wanted to scroll.

All together, this makes the middle mouse button a poor choice for many users.
  10. Tris375

Tris375 New Member

Well my £10 mouse has no issues. Guess those gaming mice are well worth the money.
  11. carn1x

carn1x Active Member

My G9x is by far the most expensive mouse I've had, and it's got the stiffest middle mouse button! I would like the option to rebind it I guess, but at this point my middle finger can bench 200lbs
    EdWood and vortexriker like this.
  12. Euregan

Euregan New Member

So you paid for a game you knew nothing about, and now whine that it's not what you expected ? That's quite a retarded move, and I think you're the only one to blame for that
    whisperr likes this.
  13. Methlodis

Methlodis Active Member

Can we please close this thread? Its obviously made to antagonize the players and the rest of the testers. The only reason I would keep it around is to gloat how cool my obviously superior RAZER MAMBA MOUSE IS :D[​IMG]
    Tris375 and carn1x like this.
  14. voodoomaster

voodoomaster Member

He is not alone, i can understand him. But yes no need to open a flame war thread.
    As many players already posted here, the beta just started. We have to wait.

Yeah it's a great mouse! I nearly bought it too :)
  15. xterminator27

xterminator27 New Member

People who claim "trolling" or whatnot are just dodging the point.

Planetary Annihilation needs to be more than Supreme Commander in space. It needs to be its own game that can stand on its own two feet.
  16. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This thread is going nowhere good, and is just a breeding ground for a flame war.

There are many unique features in this game that set it apart, and the game will continue to be fleshed out over the beta period. If you have any specific examples of changes you would like to see (your suggestion with mouse bindings is a good example), please feel free to post them, but ensure it is in a constructive manner.
    skintkingle, dude86, dala1984 and 2 others like this.
  17. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

I'd like to unlock this again on the condition it stays clean. Everyone in this topic misses the point of @xterminator27, he's not claiming the game to be an unfinished piece of crap like everyone is assuming with their "it's beta" replies. He's providing feedback in that he feels the game is staying too close to the familiar and could use more innovation other than the promised interplanetary combat and spherical worlds. He made a point that if this game would happen on a flat map, it's pretty much a clone of all other aforementioned RTS games, just in a different style.

THAT's what the OP tried to discuss about, not what you guys assumed he meant.
    bradaz85 and rygadune like this.
  18. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

I myself want this to be a form of "Total Annihilation 2"
    Not sure what other backers want as we are all individuals each with our own wants and ideas!!
    I have played Both TA and SUPCOM and i think this is more like the original TA than SUPCOM.
    AND ITS WERE I PERSONALLY WANT IT TO GO!!.
    flame me if you will but i been waiting over to 15 years for a TA2 and the closer this is to being that the happier i'll be.
    And so what if it uses similar engine stuff to SUPCOM and TA, these are tried an obviously great engines as most of the readers here have played them, Why not expand on what is already GOOD !!
    BulletMagnet likes this.
  19. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Also if you just think about the name "Planetary Annihilation"
    Doesn't it sound remotely like a descendant of TA, i mean c'mon blatantly obvious yeah!!
    And with games that are descendants of other titles you expect "Similar Gameplay, Old units from previous title, similar style Economy and Play styles/tactics" just with heaps of new features.

But i am curious to know what the OP was expecting ??
    Maybe some evolved monkeys flinging fossilized poop from planet to planet.
    Virtual reality battles - put your helmet on and duke it out commander v's commander with first person boxing skills.
    Maybe you was expecting an RPG/RTS, " oh crap i gotta grind me up a few k EXP before i can access this tech damn!!.. "
    Last edited: September 27, 2013
  20. bongologist

bongologist Member

Oh god, if you think anything from SC2 is superior then I'm afraid the troll has been called.