Camera Control

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by madday92, June 28, 2013.

1. madday92

madday92 New Member

I would really like to see camera controls that are similar to that of a 3D modeling program for camera control. A modifier key (eg. shift, ctrl, alt/cmd) could be used to enable them so the mouse functions normally when it is not pressed.

click and drag controls:
    • left-click = camera rotation around orbital body.
      right-click = camera pan on plane parallel to camera view box.
      middle-click = camera view angle control.

other controls:
    • scroll = still zoom.
      double-click = reset camera to default angle/pan.
  2. evilsamaritan

evilsamaritan New Member

I did the right thing and searched before posting. Paulie wants that cracker.

With that said. What this guy is saying needs to happen, or some form of implementation of it. I'm not "new" to gaming, but I'm also not a super-vet. That said, the controls, even after two hours of screwing around, felt a bit un-intuitive. WASD for panning, hold RMB and drag for panning, and maybe Spacebar plus mousewheel or something to rotate the camera. Obviously, if in the future the aim is to have completely open control mapping (which I have no doubt will be the case with Uber being well...Uber) then I move on to my next comment:

Your game, thus far, (awesome)ing rocks. Thank you so much for the work you've put in, and looking forward to what this monster-of-an-experience will turn into!