PA Beta gentlemens ladder

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cola_colin, June 21, 2013.

1. thekiller666

thekiller666 Active Member

You called?

[​IMG]
    cwarner7264 and neptunio like this.
  2. duhreaper

duhreaper Member

i think that a ladder reset would be good because we will have new people to play and it would be no fair to them
  3. gunshin

gunshin Well-Known Member

What are you guys expecting from the reset? nobody should be using the point ladder as a basis, and it doesnt take that long to get the TS up to top 5
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Same for me. However if there is going to be an official ladder in beta, No point resetting the current one until we have a better idea of when this will be implemented, or even know the full extent of the initial beta changes. It could be like today's orbital. It's there, way overpriced and will should never be used in a 1v1 ladder.

Agree with gunshin though. I'm pretty sure if you are new and beat godde once you are in the top 5 with the current system.

I think it's best to just sit tight with what we got. Or it will get to a stage were a reset is called every new beta patch.
  5. cybersunder

cybersunder Member

I expect a fresh start for everyone, so that the beta people don't feel disadvantaged from not having played in Alpha.
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

As if any new player will play better because we reset the alpha. But fine, I am convinced. Gonna pm thedbp about it.
  7. cola_colin

Do you ever agree with me? ;)
  8. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

There is IMHO one important rule missing:

Both players must agree at the start of the match that they are going to do a ranked match. If players don't agree on a ranked match (or if no agreement is made at all), the game is considered unranked and must not be reported.
  9. cola_colin

hmm, yeah that can be added as rule indeed.
  10. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Has anyone posted the stream of the KoA final anywhere?
  11. cybersunder

cybersunder Member

So when is the reset happening?
  12. cola_colin

whenever thedbp does it. He acknowledged my request to do it once the beta starts, so he may do it soon.
  13. thedbp

thedbp Member

It has been done. no matches are in there anymore, I saved an sql file of the matches if anyone would like to have the matches up until now.
    Clopse likes this.
  14. cybersunder

cybersunder Member

Thanks a lot! :)
  15. cybersunder

cybersunder Member

I don't think a ladder can exist with the current ability to win the game by leaving the planet.
  16. cola_colin

leave the planet? I have no idea what you mean. Leaving the planet is so crazy expensive I doubt it will be important in most 1v1.
  17. cybersunder

cybersunder Member

It doesn't seem that expensive really, and once you're off, it's even more of a game ender than a nuke, because there is no real counter right now. Still, maybe it'll be ok for a while, but I feel some rules will have to be implemented in the near future.
  18. cola_colin

Seriously even nukes were not used a lot in 1v1 so far and getting of the planet to launch a moon at your enemy is like 10 times as expensive while at the same time we only half maybe 20% of the metal available to us.
    If you lose to a moon falling on your head it's your fault and you should get a lose for it.
  19. cybersunder

cybersunder Member

If you rush a nuke, you can't win the game off a superior producer. If you rush an orbital, you've won the game, you can scrap the rest of your base. You're right this won't come into play for most games, but in an even match, I consider it an issue that can be fixed in the future.
  20. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I just double nuked neptunio in a game. we loled