How do you launch units to other planets?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by cbale2000, September 27, 2013.

1. cbale2000

cbale2000 New Member

Just got access the game today, and so far I like it a lot, but the one thing that has been bugging me is trying to figure out how to get units to other planets or moons.
    So far I've built the launch facility and a Asteaeus, and I've gotten it to pick up units and (accidentally I think) gotten back up into orbit, but I can't figure out how to command it to go and drop the units off at another planet. What am I missing, or does the feature not even work yet?
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

It's works, just move camera view on different planet and then command it to move. It's should move on orbit of target planet.
  3. cbale2000

cbale2000 New Member

How do you change the focus of the camera?
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Mouse wheel? o_O
  5. endgame8968

endgame8968 New Member

Last I checked, use mouse wheel to scroll all the way out and then press "." to go to planetary view.
  6. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

its the same to veiw your RADAR, zoom out until the radar icons pop up over your units.
    The main view is the radar when you zoom out.
    Zoom out further to see the solar system,
    !!Screen zooms to mouse location!!
    Zoom will follow the mouse if you move mouse over second planet then zoom in you will zoom in there, also if you zoom out, then zoom in with the mouse at a different location on the planet it will zoom to that location.

In solar system view Selecting a planet in the menu on the right will take you to that planet too!!

when your on second planet just click to move lander there, it takes ages, once lander reaches planet click the UNLOAD icon on right side menu then LEFT CLICK where you want it to land (u must have the lander selected to get the unload icon and the unload is different from move you will need to use left click after selecting the unload icon to set the landing marker, not sure why its left click when almost all other actions are used via right click)
  7. cbale2000

cbale2000 New Member

Yup, I figured it out, apparently you have to have your mouse over the planet when you zoom out, not in space.
    Tankh likes this.
  8. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

also, sometimes you have to order the unit to move to the lander for it to load up.
  9. taihus

taihus Member

you can easily center view on planets using the sidebar.