Not Quite Enough Metal and Metal Concentrations

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by kingjohnvi, September 27, 2013.

1. kingjohnvi

kingjohnvi Member

So having played a couple games with the new beta, I am finding it a bit difficult to get metal. Even on a 1v1 with a medium sized planet, it really felt like there was incredibly little for epic scale that this game is supposed to have.

But worse yet, I find there are no large concentrations of metal where you can attack and take over 5 or 6 metal locations from your enemy; there is usually just one all by itself! So it seems much harder to identify valuable raiding locations. That was a great strategy I have seen many people use during the alpha that seems much less easy to effectuate now.

I realize that the metal levels will be adjustable in the future, but for random encounters it feels like there is too little and too little concentration at the moment. How do others feel about this?
  2. thundercleez

thundercleez Member

I've only played one game so far, but it seemed ok for me. Are you building advanced metal extractors? They give a lot more. My starting zone had 5 metal points and I could expand to a spot with 2 and a few more with 1 that were close by. I wouldn't expect expos to have more than 3 bunched up metal points.
  3. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

Almost so difficult you need to...wage war for resources?
    I think this is making it far more interesting.
  4. turroflux

turroflux Member

I do not think we should go back to mindless expanding over planets with endless metal points in every direction. Control over space is the essence of war. They should be concentrated points of metal from small points to large nodes that focus the flow of games and create hard objectives.