How will we get our beta keys?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by bridger, September 25, 2013.

1. bmt22033

bmt22033 New Member

So a friend of mine bought Early Access via Steam and got his beta key about 10 minutes ago. I backed PA the first day it was on Kickstarter and my beta key is nowhere to be found. Is there any rhyme or reason to the distribution of keys?
  2. dekate

dekate Member

im sitting here in germany, 27,9,2013,
    i recieved my beta key like ... 1h and 20min ago, and to note i pledged lowest possible amount ( i mean 50$) for beta access.

this was fast as hell...
  3. Rogueleader89

Rogueleader89 New Member

Yeah, bit irritating that kickstarter backers don't have their keys by now while people who order right at this moment are getting them already, especially since we've known the beta date for weeks and they have both a separate website to get keys at and are sending out email... but I've waited through all of alpha, a bit longer won't hurt, just hope the retail launch goes smoother for the backers who did not pledge into alpha or beta.
  4. sparafucile22

sparafucile22 New Member

Still haven't got my beta key email. :/
  5. klimentvoroshilov

klimentvoroshilov New Member

like many I too grow anxious to see how my investment has flourished
  6. Kolbex

Kolbex New Member

Yeah, between this and the way Days of Wonder completely dropped the ball on informing Kickstarter backers about the availability of Small World 2 (not to mention other, smaller projects), I am seeing a lamentable lack of care for KS backers these days.
  7. doompants

doompants New Member

Yeah, I get the email in chunks thing, but why isn't this page updated? Add me to the list of people who feel jilted as an early backer when Joe Schmoe is buying his beta on Steam and playing right away.
  8. freehotdawgs

freehotdawgs New Member

Yeah, I backed the game the second day it was on kickstarter and still haven't gotten my key lol
  9. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Hi guys, we've got A LOT of early backers and pre-orders to send keys out for. They're being emailed out in waves as fast as our systems can handle it. Unfortunately, if you buy the game from Steam today, it is instant access whereas if you pre-ordered, you're in a line waiting for your key. I know, this sucks and I'd feel upset about it too. But you will ALL get your keys and if you do not receive it by tomorrow, please email support@uberent.com so we can check your account and make sure your Kickstarter pledges were finalized. Thank you all for your patience and I hope you enjoy the game! ^_^
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  10. sparafucile22

sparafucile22 New Member

Thanks for the update. Was worried everyone got their beta key but me. Phew.
  11. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Heh, yah I know how you feel. It's still chugging along. We should be able to get them all sent out by tonight.
  12. downburst

downburst New Member

Excellent. I have a lot of time to play today and tomorrow and am hoping to get my key soon so I can start blowing planets up. From what I've watched (thanks ZaphodX!), the game looks awesome.
  13. f3n3k

f3n3k New Member

Thanks for your help, we'll wait, but with great anticipation :)

I'm so happy to test it
  14. Maruun

Maruun Member

Moments like this make me understand why the church was saying that the earth was flat...no timezones :p
  15. klimentvoroshilov

klimentvoroshilov New Member

be honest. you're just trying to keep your file sharing servers from crashing under the wave of downloads and this has nothing to do with emails.
    Also, what process are you going by to get out the keys? last names? date of backing? date of finalization?
    knowing this would certainly help us who are still waiting know our place in line.
  16. vertigus

vertigus New Member

Since you already have our orders in your store, it seems like it'd be simpler, and much faster, to enable the keys there rather than sending them out via email. I'm sure you have a valid reason, but from outside it sure seems like that'd be a more effective way to handle this.
  17. eastbay

eastbay New Member

So to be clear, they are sending out keys? I've checked and so far I don't have one yet. Did they give an estimate to how long it might take?

Oh never mind, didn't see this page here. Damn...oh well I guess I'll go back to GTA 5.

Oh well that's interesting...I JUST got it. Niiiice.
  18. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Be sure to check your SPAM folders - I've gotten reports that some are finding their email with the key in there.
  19. Murcanic

Murcanic Well-Known Member

Just got me Key thank you Uber I can`t wait to start annihilating :)
  20. f3n3k

f3n3k New Member

just got the mail and now i download the beta

youhouuuu !!!