How will we get our beta keys?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by bridger, September 25, 2013.

1. ulight

ulight Member

Any word about the beta key add-ons?
    Last edited: September 26, 2013
  2. Airsoftmanic

Airsoftmanic New Member

I think its more that we've backed this game from day 1, we've made it happen. so it's a bit of a slap in the face to not be first in line for beta keys. as a 1/2 tech support myself, grouping people by backer status is not at all hard if you have to get them to verify via Ubernet. a database is a database, so send out emails to backers first, then people pre-ordering via site.
    I think people are frustrated because its seems very hap-hazard in it's release. I know they're working with IV's of monster and red bull to get it out to us, but barrelling through a meeting room door 20 minutes late doesn't seem professional to anyone, even if they were preparing 2 minutes before they set off.
    I feel its more a lesson learned that doesn't really need a dragging off to the community board for a roasting, so (if any Uber folks reads this) just take this in stride and prepare for final release a little better.

I will definitely +1 to it's gonna be buggy. this is the whole point of a beta. we have about 60-80% of the game and told to go nuts. everything we break, they fix. this does not require "omg why game no work? suxxx" from anyone. so I will await my beta key, and considering its getting on 9pm I shall enjoy it tomorrow.
  3. Dreddric

Dreddric New Member

4. xfr34kx

xfr34kx New Member

Yah this is getting outrageous they've had 12hrs to send out these keys and were still while the general public can now buy it on steam
  5. Euregan

Euregan New Member

What do you mean 12 hours ? It's been the 26th for 22 hours here, and I don't think they began their work day at 1 in the morning anyway
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

They came in to work early 5 hours ago and they have over 20k emails to send. Patience is a virtue, in the alpha we had to wait days for the last of us to get our keys.
    CommieKazie and cwarner7264 like this.
  7. comrader

comrader New Member

I highly doubt they send them by hand either
  8. xfr34kx

xfr34kx New Member

13hrs now based on their time zone
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

My god you're impatient. I waited days for my alpha access.
  10. Kolbex

Kolbex New Member

Well, that sucks for you, but I'd be more than a little peeved at having to wait days for an email. Are they sending them out by hand or something?
  11. sssf

sssf New Member

I got this key while reading this thread :)

The download is 360mb and runs at 5mb/sec (got 100mbit, located in Netherlands).
  12. thesonderval

thesonderval Member

Kolbex, in alpha they staggered the keys out. Here they are sending it to every single beta backer in one day. Give them a little patience. -_-
  13. oatse

oatse New Member

I don't see why they should take so long if they're dumping them all at the same time, you get it straight away through steam with all of the benefits that I was promised when I backed the kickstarter over a year ago. Seems a bit ****
  14. comrader

comrader New Member

Lets put it this way, if you dump 18k mails on an email relay, that relay will drop your mails like a hot potato. so they literally can't send them all out at once, annoying but true.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  15. oatse

oatse New Member

Well they have the store functionality to get the keys out, and that's how I just got my key still no email in sight.
  16. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

Yay it arrived! :D
  17. wiccasick

wiccasick Member

Mine also arrived about 30 min ago. Was a quick DL and now im enjoying it.
  18. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

Lol There is an update already!
  19. Maruun

Maruun Member

I still need to wait for my key^^ *sigh* hope i get it soon but i waited so long for the beta to start i can wait some hours longer :p
  20. flopp

flopp New Member

In the "my keys' sections, I can read :

"
    This key will be ready to use once the Beta period begins.
    Status
    Not yet eligible for activation​
    "

but I can buy the game on steam...

I can understand that sending email can take some time but updating a website is very simple.

It's a shame...
  21. f3n3k

f3n3k New Member

Same for me.
    backed in March for beta access. I wait the mail and I hope :)