PA Beta Launch Build: 54382 / 54412

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 26, 2013.

1. doud

doud Well-Known Member

Is it normal to see all these empty games in the Uber browser ? It even gets difficult to push a new game since a few minutes ...
  2. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

When people abandon a lobby it will hold empty for a few moments. So whenever people get impatient, it can snowball into a bunch of empty servers. Filtering is not implemented yet. I have learned to start my own game and wait, people tend to want to find a game rather than make one.
  3. drizzzto

drizzzto New Member

I get the same issue:
    9/10 times, the game crashes on start
    otherwise the game is unstable and crashes anyway quickly

PS: attached is a DxDiag report.

Attached Files:

4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Your video card drivers are 10 months old. Update them.
    frenky29a likes this.
  5. vipez

vipez Member

[​IMG]
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

You have good hardware in general and 4GB of RAM. But your operation system is 32-bit and it's only able to use 3.3GB of those 4GB. PA only might use less than 2GB RAM.

You need to "upgrade" (actually you'll need to reinstall it) Windows 7 to 64-bit version. As long as I know it's should be free.
  7. redstar427

redstar427 Member

I run the Long Term Support version for a reason.
    I am not changing my whole system just to run a game.
    I actually use my computer for many things. Games is only a tiny part of it.
    Again, this is the only game that has problems. If it was required to change, I would not play it.
  8. xthefrennchmanx

xthefrennchmanx Member

I'm having a hard time getting into games too.
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

582 players in 401 games :)
  10. xthefrennchmanx

xthefrennchmanx Member

It's more the "starting game" that is taking forever, I had less problems this morning.
  11. jimosfear

jimosfear Member

Try as I may, I have been unable to achieve a planetary collision as yet. If you set an elliptical orbit in the system editor, it gets reverted to a regular circular orbit when the game starts. If you set an opposing orbit (one clockwise, one anti-clockwise) with planets at the same distance from the star, the orbits get reverted to the same direction when the game starts. The same occurs with moons.

Now I'm sure someone has made many more attempts than I, so has anybody been able to do as advertised and SMASH PLANETS?
  12. aeonsim

aeonsim Active Member

I've done so, you need to make sure your moons are smaller than radius 300 then build the engines and then eventual after targeting BOOM.
  13. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

With the provided boosters? yes people have.
  14. jimosfear

jimosfear Member

Was it spectacular?

Apologies but I did not see (I was looking I assure you!) for the build option for the planet/moon/asteroid engines. Must look harder.
  15. dabullet

dabullet New Member

It's nice, they leave a big crater behind on the planet :D
    It needs to get a bit more real tho, right now it 'teleports' above your specified area,
    before crashing on the planet, even if it was approaching it from a totally different side ;)
    But I'm sure they'll improve it
  16. Rentapulous

Rentapulous Member

I think at the moment there's a bit of a disconnect between the system map and the planetary maps. Maybe if the option to pick the target location had more to do with the time of launch so it syncs up with planetary revolution?

EDIT: Good god I worded that poorly. What I mean is maybe the KEW should wait to launch until the proper time in the enemy planet's revolution. Either that or targeting should be only as precise as which planet you want to destroy.
  17. jimosfear

jimosfear Member

Yes I roughly get what you're saying. I just successfully smashed a moon into a planet then and when the command was given the moon just zoomed off out of the planets orbit (the delta-V engines did not visibly fire), did an orbit around the star, sort of awkwardly got captured into the target planets orbit and simply "fell" into the surface.

Perhaps there will be a slightly more detailed interface with greater information in the command phase. Such as projected trajectory (much like in the kickstarter video), calculated time to launch window and projected time to impact. Perhaps with several options: the immediate launch option, where you elect to launch now and have a large time-to-impact; or the best launch window option, where you wait to launch at a time when the orbits are closest.

So good to see it in the game though, even in its early stages without any spectacular effects. Congratulations, a lot has been achieved in a very short time.
  18. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Have a look at the beta launch trailer, it's shown there (and it's awesome!) -
  19. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

congrats and thanks uber..awesome,Can't believe its beta already :D
  20. iyenrithe

iyenrithe Member

I found a bug that will probably need to be addressed. I had two planets each with a moon. I sent my commander with the orbital transport to the moon of the other planet. He went around the sun first, then completely missed the moon and spent the next hour and a half orbiting the sun until I finally got around to building the thrusters and sending my moon into the enemy base

Which was very cool when I watched the replay, it lagged too bad live but it ended up throwing up a ton of debris and then the crater filled with water from the neighboring lake