Please provide tutorial of some sort

Discussion in 'Support!' started by lemonsquid, September 26, 2013.

1. lemonsquid

lemonsquid New Member

As of right now, I have no clue how to get off my planet. No one in game bothers helping unfortunatly, so I have to ask it here for now, but it would be much nicer if your guys made a tutorial so new players can learn the basics in order to get a grasp of the game once in multiplayer.
  2. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

The game is in alpha (almost beta) why make a tutorial when you will have to change that tutorial when game mechanics change?
  3. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I'm pretty sure you can't get off planets as the game is right now?
  4. iyenrithe

iyenrithe Member

The only thing you can do (as far as I can tell) is use that orbital lander thing. It can pick up the commander or a single bot, and you zoom out to the system view then zoom in on the planet and right click. It will then fly there

Unfortunately I don't think there are any teleporters, or unit cannons or any other method at the moment. Hopefully they don't take too long to deploy these, because without them there isn't really a point in having multiple planets since they are 100% independent except for your economy.

EDIT: Except for the thrusters being attached to moons and shooting the moons into planets. I haven't had a chance to test this yet, excited to see it though
  5. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

You can travel to new planets.

Step for step guide:

1. Build a fabricator (Air/land or bot).
    2. Build a advanced factory with the fabricator.
    3. Build a advanced fabricator with the advanced factory.
    4. Build a orbital factory with the advanced fabricator.
    5. Build the Astraeus unit from the orbital factory (Orbital Lander).
    6. Tell the Astraeus to pick up a unit (commander or engineer perhaps).
    7. With the Astraeus selected zoom out to system view, zoom in to a targeted world, tell the unit to move there.
    8. Wait (It seems like it has to circle the sun once for some reason).
    9. Press the Astraeus and press unload, then left click on the surface.

Transfer complete.
  6. lemonsquid

lemonsquid New Member

Iv tried clicking to the other planets, but nothing occurs. I dont know how I could possibly be clicking wrong lol
  7. shockchief

shockchief New Member

Atm yes you can get off the planet, build orbital launcer, with a advanced fab.
    then build the orbital lander pick up a unit like the commander and fly off to another planet.

the big thing that is missing atm is unit cannon.

a whole lot of orbitals where added
  8. garatgh

garatgh Active Member

If you have the orbital lander selected and your zoomed in on the planet then it should work. (It does NOT work clicking on worlds while in the system view, you need to zoom in to planet view).
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You'll have to wait for a player-made tutorial on YouTube. Given how active that community is here, you won't be waiting long.
    archcommander likes this.
  10. krakanu

krakanu Well-Known Member

Other orbital units (only tested the laser so far) can also travel between planets.
  11. BradNicholson

BradNicholson Uber Employee Uber Alumni

Moving to the alpha forum.
  12. shockchief

shockchief New Member

oh really?

well that will make attacking so much easier which is good
  13. Webboy

Webboy New Member

thanks for the nice tutorial, this is the step I couldn't figure out...
  14. microapple

microapple Member

Whatever happened to learning by experience? :)
  15. duncane

duncane Active Member

Tutorial? Google "Total Annihilation". Buy game. Play game. Come back in 5 years when you have got bored and are looking for the sequel.
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Then go play SC?

I haven't played nanolathe commander games in forever. I still got this game pretty well.

Generally as a tutorial, just start a game with 2 player slots and when you publish just insta-ready so your other opponent is an ai, then build as quick as you can to get air and fighters and make a patrol from factory around their base or around yours. Then build a full circle of fighters as a shield, the AI only builds bombers atm.

Play for a few hours. If you want, self destruct your first base minus the bombers, and rebuild it. Rebuild it on other planets. Get used to the way you build up and how to make it flexible and/or faster. Do a run where you focus less on high-tech and more on multiple factories and large chunks of tanks and stuff.

Even better, before you do that if you can, create a custom planet system with 5-6 planets, 4 with lowest mass, 2-3 sitting at 1800 or so. Gives you multiple planets to mess with.