Getting Ready for Beta

Discussion in 'Support!' started by garat, September 23, 2013.

1. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I would say with full scale production against the early-game partial and chunky turret coverage, you get a fair balance of defense. You have great options against early game fast produced raiding armies, yet those raiding armies can still fairly reliably find a weak spot in turret defenses when wider scouted and attack the weak point, which they can in fact do against a single stationary turret and once in range can even match and exceed the dps of the turrets. The range is a one time factor of damage.

Besides all that, 35 seconds still makes it possible once you have artillery to clear in good time a section of turrets, whether it is a single one or 5-6, you could take them out with 1-3 artillery in 1-3 minutes. Which CREATES openings to send the army in.

Generally, having to defend against an army using another army, just means the person with the biggest army wins. Turrets had uses before, walls are broken generally so their bugs don't count as defence, and they can be set up in niche situations where long drawn out army battles take place and in your army is an available engineer, all these do make turrets originally good.

However, I do think their best point of balance lies weaker than they are now, and stronger than they were. Honestly, they could even have less damage OR range than they used to, as long as they have that health so they "buy time".
  2. thetrophysystem

Doublepost, but you get the orbital lander to work by clicking the lander while its high up in the sky, right clicking the unit you want picked up and it should drop down to that unit to pick it up, then select the lander and zoom off to another planet and right click the ground you wish to travel to, and then once floating over the landing point there is a button in the righthand side bar for the unit orders that drops units, so click that and then left click the ground you want your unit placed at.
    athamas likes this.
  3. aeonsim

aeonsim Active Member

Or give it a small range/area of fire say about the size of a Basic Factory...
  4. dfanz0r

dfanz0r Active Member

New build 54382
  5. guzwaatensen

guzwaatensen Active Member

it looks like the lander has a really hard time to reach the other planet, or is that just with me?Also is it intentional that the sun is gone?
  6. xthefrennchmanx

xthefrennchmanx Member

7. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Changes in new build:
    • Bug fixes (Start screen now shows Title),
    • Toggle Full Screen key combo changed to Alt + Enter
    • Some ALPHA references changed to BETA
  8. thetrophysystem

You didn't have time to patch the commander being picked up by an enemy orbital lander?

Which can then self-destruct off-planet and kill the commander easily?
  9. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Oh, I totally forgot to mention. The planet rockets are in.
  10. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Meh, who cares. It's a trivial detail. :p
    Raevn likes this.
  11. xthefrennchmanx

xthefrennchmanx Member

12. theduplex

theduplex New Member

-On Quickmatch in never find a game (EU/US)
    -On "Waiting for match"-Screen i cant click the BACK-Button. Nothing happens, i need to restart the client.
    -When i start the game there is just a black screen with the ingame menu (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9968782/EMPTY_SPACE.png)

-Question: Where can i find just the lobby!?
  13. byte01

byte01 Member

That is probably because
    a) there is only a tiny amount of players playing the game at all at a given time
    b) from those players pretty much no one is using the quickmatch, as people prefer to use their own planets, settings etc.
  14. violo

violo New Member

Backed Alpha, haven't played much, but I'll try and give some feedback.

Not sure where to post this, but I just ran a game through Ubernet Games. The only player than me who successfully got in game was the AI.
    Not sure, but has optimization of the game started yet? I find that whenever I dare set eye upon a planet, it wishes to run at about 5 frames a second. This also prevents me from exiting the game without having to end the process.

I don't think my computer is this hopeless in terms of gaming. Sure it slows down, but not to this extent.

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but I'm unsure as to where to post this.

Edit: Also, why give the option of Australia if it's "unavailable" but then have servers that are run from it? I don't get it.
  15. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

We're out for a few hours, trying to catch a few zz's. We'll see you guys again in a bit.
  16. dfanz0r

dfanz0r Active Member

hmm found something interesting.

if you have the debug mode thing on or w/e f11 then you press n. An interesting thing happens

[​IMG]

You get planet normals :p
  17. jacoby6000

jacoby6000 Member

Hate to break it to you, but that's some old news, buddy.
  18. byte01

byte01 Member

Found an enemy structure barely started but abandoned, was able to complete the enemy building with my fabber, intended? Also when there is just the blueprint to see, how do i identify which player this blueprint belongs to?

Still getting random lockups, game engine itself keeps running, sim and server speed came to a halt. Playing with AI only right now. Sometimes it recover and feels more like lag, but sometimes it just wont continue.
  19. TealThanatos

TealThanatos New Member

How do I know if the planet is small enough to move with rockets?
  20. shadowtagg

shadowtagg New Member

Can't seem to publish my any custom games