Beta Coming September 26!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BradNicholson, September 15, 2013.

1. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Nice work Uber. I know I speak for all of us in saying that I really appreciate your hard work so far.
    raygun1, archcommander and Murcanic like this.
  2. pagg

pagg New Member

How can i start beta with steam ?
  3. corteks

corteks Active Member

You can't, update is only through the launcher at the moment.
  4. pagg

pagg New Member

ah ok i see i update now the launcher :D:D THX
  5. spanazzi

spanazzi New Member

morning to all from italy so we have steam and we cant play beta?
    what we need to do?

Tnx to all sorry for bad eng!
  6. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

hi, we probably have to wait some more hours ;)
  7. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Okay, for one many people jumped the gun. I asked formally, and the devs say this is an early update to alpha using the hopeful-to-be beta build.

Whatever kind of update it is, it says beta all over it so many people got confused, yet from what I know it isn't beta yet.

However, it is an alpha update, and from what I also heard, although not originally available on Steam update, it is available now for Steam update as an Alpha update.
  8. spanazzi

spanazzi New Member

i continue to not undestand lol

:)
  9. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Can we get a sticky in GD or Backers (or both) saying in big red ALLCAPS that the beta hasn't started and that alpha discussions are for the alpha forum?

I think it'll help some of the less frequent posters on the forum help self-moderate, as the past few hours has seen the most thread locking I've ever seen on UberEnt.
  10. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

The most thread locking? Boy you must have not been around before Garat was on board. :p
    I mean I know you were and all. Just not active.
  11. thetrophysystem

You've ever seen. Not the most I have. But that itself says a lot of bad things. As Deadstetch hints at.

You know, Uber/indie-games have the worse luck with things getting unintentionally released early. This would be at least the second game that had info go from testing to open unintentionally.
  12. spanazzi

spanazzi New Member

this situation make me more confused, the beta is out?If yes why steam costumers cant download it, weve payed!? :(
  13. DeadStretch

I guess technically the Beta is out though I don't think an official Beta build has been announced.
  14. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I'm going to keep saying no, until I see a developer say otherwise.
    cwarner7264 likes this.
  15. thetrophysystem

From what I heard, no the beta is not out.

What I can tell you honestly, is that me and a few other people constantly clicking verify files to check for updates all the midnight hour, finally got an update downloading. Then, the update had the word beta in the main menu for the game. Thus, we thought beta was out.

As far as I know, beta is not out, but the beta build is available for alpha players just to get the download server stress down and stress test the build itself.

The alpha update looks like a beta update. It is not set up for beta access though. Also, it wasn't available on steam but now is, for alpha players. Beta should get the same build probably if nothing explodes, once uber is done stress testing and starts transitioning access permissions and handing out keys and all that.
  16. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

an ETA would be great though xD Otherwise I might waste the whole day waiting :D
  17. DeadStretch

There is no difference from having Alpha and Beta access expect for the words Beta written all over it (well of course besides all of the added features). Beta is not officially out but a "Beta Build" is. I haven't confirmed but it seems those with Beta early acces were able to use the Uber Launcher to d/l the Beta version update for PA. Like I said not sure how true it is but a few on the Steam forums said it worked.

I will assume this was supposed to be the Beta build but it has some bugs Uber wasn't to iron out before really releasing and updating the Steam store page.
  18. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

The beta keys will be given out in staggered batches over the day today (Seattle time).
    spanazzi and Haslang like this.
  19. thetrophysystem

Assuming the build functions well, they can get all the work done to start releasing, and then all the keys can get sent out, then this will be how it is.

If they need to do something, if the build breaks, or if they have to limit the volume for beta download somehow, then it might be delayed. Nobody at Uber has promised a deadline since they released this last patch an hour or two ago.
  20. faregoth

faregoth New Member

Simple explaination for today, the build today is a interm build and is not the beta build. Beta is today and keys will be handed out later on today. Beta is not out yet