Gunner Grapple (sorry)

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by TOM12121112, January 8, 2011.

?

;

1. yes

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. no

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

had to bring up the old gunner grapple problem again. i thought of something the other day. a lot of people are bothered by getting grappled out of a charge. the usual complaint is the scrawny sniper stopping the charging tank in his tracks. i understand it is a game mechanic, but as far as physics go, it is very unlikely to happen in real life.

what do you guys think about making it a bit easier to grapple someone out of a charge, but in turn, making that an ability that only the gunner can have, AFTER he buys grapple 2/3?
    Last edited: January 9, 2011
  2. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

the gunner should be able to grapple the jackbot in my opinion, maybe make it like a headbutt.

the gunner shouldnt be given much more than that tho. their weapons are 2x better than everyone elses, their skills deserve to be 2x worse than everyones as well.
  3. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

I am so confused... You start off like theres something physcially wrong with the gunner's grapple, then go on about what i'm assuming is the Assault's charge grapple.. then talk about Sniper's stopping Tanks, with the word usual, which makes it even more confused, maybe if you used the phrase ' with the exception being the sniper' Then you go about saying the Gunner's grapple needs to be better.

You talk about something that is general in the game, then go to being specific with the Gunner. You should talk about why the Gunner's grapple needs to be boosted, not about how to stop Charging Grapples.
  4. xX Ript3r Xx

xX Ript3r Xx New Member

I'd Rather the hit detection for it to work more often. Idk how many times im sitting on the guy and it wont grapple. And make the assaults punch alot weaker. and get rid of this auto grapple crap. Example - I play an assassin vs a assassin I grapple them then before i move they grapple me but yet this happens again and they grapple 1st then before I can even get up they have backed up just a step so they dont get grapped then they lunge and kill me because I couldn't avoid it. That kind of stuff just isn't fair.
  5. JON10395

JON10395 New Member

That was very hard to read. I suggest you edit that, Ripter.
    I definitely agree though. I can never seem to get a grapple off and back up enough to avoid the counter grapple from the enemy Assassin. Yet they seem to be able to do it almost every time. Maybe connection to Host?
  6. harpy515

harpy515 New Member

I don't think anybody should be able to get grappled out of charge. Especially when its an assassin or sniper grabbing you. Too many times I've just been trying to get out of a spot only to charge into an assassins grapple.
  7. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Fix'd.

*Lag-related issue.
    **Stop face-grappling, or just back up a step after you've facegrappled them.

The Gunner's Grapple is great against Assassins, and for hilarity.
  8. Intricasm

Intricasm New Member

I just use Grapple, and while in my grapple animation I mash Slam, so when I come out of grapple with an assassin, if they don't jump, they die. Either way I will usually win.
  9. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

He's talking about when Assassins get into their adorable little grapple exchanges - the ones I like to break up with Product Grenades.
  10. Organous

Organous Member

It makes sense to grab charging players. It's like grabbing the bull by the horns. For a more human approach, it's like tossing someone over your back as they run at you.
  11. TOM12121112

TOM12121112 New Member

no, its like throwing them back in the direction they came from as they run at you.
  12. Grec

Grec New Member

I think you already can grapple people out of charges.

It would be nice if uber would change the skill all together, grapples aren't that useful if you have a gun that insta kills people that get to close.
  13. harpy515

harpy515 New Member

But your not tossing someone over your back. You are completely stopping them dead in their tracks. The physics of it just doesn't work. There's no way an assassin, a slim female, should be able to stop a large charging male being propelled by boosters.