Orchestral Score Progress?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by inteuniso, September 24, 2013.

1. inteuniso

inteuniso New Member

Haven't noticed a thread about this.

How's the music coming? Has any of the soundtrack in the game been made yet? Could you share it? How much music is being made? (120 minutes/12 tracks, etc.)
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

As long as I understand there is a little piece of it played after commander spawn and it's really cool. :)
  3. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Only some very early versions of various pieces are implemented in the game thus far. Howard is refining those electronic pieces into their final synthetic versions, which will then be further refined so they are playable by the orchestra (no date set that the public is aware of)

Those recordings will then have digital post-processing to go through to make them seamlessly blend on in-game music queues.

They're a long way off finished. They are not publicly available in any format other than fan-made, low-quality youtube videos.

How much is being made? At a guess (considering some of his previous work) Howard will probably produce over an hour of music for the December release. Two hours might be pushing it.

There would be nothing stopping Howard (other than payment) from adding in more music as time goes on, however it would be highly unlikely that this would be fully orchestrated. There was talk of 'Remix' tracks that were modeled after various styles of music (was mentioned in one of the first Livestreams)

If you haven't already, I highly recommend that you seek out the Music for DemiGod.
    It's lovely stuff.
    Last edited: September 24, 2013
  4. inteuniso

inteuniso New Member

Sounds good that progress is being made, more than merely conceptual phases. Can't wait until some tracks are revealed.
  5. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

He's working with the orchestrator right now. Currently looking at end of October-ish for doing the live recording.

We've also worked together a tiny bit on some of the metal/guitar remix stuff we are going to do (with me on Guitar, Bob on bass etc).
  6. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

That is bloody fantastic.
  7. GalacticCow

GalacticCow Active Member

Is the music selection going to be custom at all? Suppose I really enjoy the classical orchestrated stuff and I don't want to hear remixes of it (because I prefer classical over metal)?
  8. Ortikon

Ortikon Active Member

Its probably situational.

options checkmark in audio [Need more Metal=True] would make me laugh my *** off though.
    aeonlakes likes this.
  9. ethannino

ethannino Member

I know the units will be shared across the factions, because they're all supposed to have the best of the best tech.

But will each faction/commander get their own orchestral theme? Just a short little thing, or maybe a remix of the main theme to fit their faction.
  10. nanolathe

All 100 Commanders with their own theme?

Yea, no. That's not happening.
  11. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I think he just meant for the official factions, of which I'd imagine there will be 3-4. That's not quite so unreasonable, but I still don't think Uber would spend the resources making a theme for just one faction when they could share it among all factions :)
  12. nanolathe

I intentionally left the faction part out of my reply. A 'theme' for each of the four factions is feasible. (though probably a waste)
    A theme for each of the Commanders is not.
  13. bluejam

bluejam New Member

Nice one, i'll look forward to hearing this! There was an old Amiga game that had some screaming guitar solo's in it, used to play it just for the soundtrack, can't remember what it was called though.. that's gonna bug me all day now :)

edit: It was' Shadow of the Beast 2', found it on youtube, the guitar solo was copied from an episode of Miami Vice according to the bloke that played it on the game soundtrack!
    Last edited: September 25, 2013
  14. Tormidal

Tormidal Active Member

A lot of the Amiga games had kickin' music. My favorite was probably "Awesome."
    bluejam likes this.
  15. jhanii

jhanii New Member

I'd like such option.
    someone in Uber : Please make it happen, because games need more metal :D
  16. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

can't wait...end of october too so not long.....gona be awesome :D !!!!!!!!
  17. Hydrofoil

Hydrofoil Member

When i get my hands on PA the first thing im going to do is see if +sing works :p cause we all had hours of enjoyment listening to our robots hum little tunes as they went about their killing.