Community Wide Beta Party!

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by OathAlliance, September 24, 2013.

1. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    In celebration of the release of beta, we here at Ballistic Logistics are putting on a party. This is a community wide event that is open to the PA community as a whole, meaning no restrictions(unless we run out of room on mumble)!

When?: It'll start at 1PM PST, 4PM EST, 8PM UTC on Thursday 9/26/2013(Show up 10-20 minutes early to save a seat) - The party will end when we decide to turn off the lights(or go to bed).

Where?: You'll need to get mumble here: http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
    And then use the following info to get in:
    Label: Ballistic Logistics
    Address: Balo.doomdns.com
    Port: 64738 (should be the default)
    Name: Please put your name in this format - [Clan]Yourusername(Spaces are not allowed on mumble, if you are not in a clan please do not put anything in brackets)

[Note]: If you are in a clan, please represent them with a clan tag. It's nice to know who's together and who's not.

Also, please enable push-to-talk. We don't need to hear you all the time.

How?: We'll be discussing the new beta, cracking jokes and interacting as a community.
    Along with this we'll play matches, watch matches and get better at the new system.

Who?: Everyone(especially Uber)! If you're involved with PA(be it Alpha, beta, retail or interested) then we invite you to come! There are no reservations so it's first come, first serve.

Why?: Why not? We have a large community that's just about to get bigger! It's a time of celebration! This will also help us as a community become stronger and closer.

Rules: We ask that you observe a few simple rules when attending. If you can't we will show you the "door".
    1. No flaming, harassing, name calling, putting down, insulting or being a jerk.
    2. Please keep swearing and sexual innuendos to a minimum. Our community is of all ages.
    3. No being sexist, racist, ist in any way, shape or form(this will NOT be tolerated at all, violators will be perma-banned).
    4. This is not a debate time, please do not start arguments or bring up political/religious discussions.
    5. Don't be a troll(you know who you are).
    6. Clans, while I know this is a great recruitment opportunity, please, no recruiting. This is a party, not clan day.

Stay clean, have fun and enjoy.

If you believe that something else needs to be addressed in this or have concerns not answered by this post please feel free to PM me. I'm on through out the day and should be able to field a reply relatively quickly.

[Note]: This post may be updated with information regarding the party, it is suggested that you check back periodically before the party.
    Last edited: September 24, 2013
    archcommander likes this.
  2. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I would say count-me-in, but I'll be heading to work at that time. Props for posting UTC time.

Also, because of rules 2. and 3. you should ban all Australians now. ;P
    elipadden likes this.
  3. OathAlliance

Well, we'll go late so there's a possibility that you can get in.

But I hold nothing against aussies. If they play nice, they can come.
  4. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

+12 hour party? Then count me in!
  5. theadamwest

theadamwest Member

I'm pretty sure we could pull off a 12+ hour party Ballistic Logistics has members from all over the world.
    BulletMagnet likes this.
  6. ChillAAA

ChillAAA Member

Speak for yourself uncouth young man....
  7. stonberg

stonberg Member

I might have to take Friday off... :)
  8. thekiller666

thekiller666 Active Member

I might hop in for a bit, we'll see how it goes.
  9. OathAlliance

Well, we'll be partying for a while so feel free to drop in when you can.
  10. artoriusiv

artoriusiv Member

I might come, and try to bring anyone I can from my tiny tiny clan,
    archcommander likes this.
  11. theadamwest

theadamwest Member

The more people the better it should be a blast!
  12. artoriusiv

artoriusiv Member

If we had a lot of people I could promise more, I can say I will show.... won't go any further than that.
  13. lapsedpacifist

lapsedpacifist Post Master General

I am a long (long) time forum lurker, and speaking as someone who has read near every thread on this forum and has absolutely no friends with PA beta access, I can safely say I'll be there. Possibly not for that long, as here in the uk we submit to the whims of the farmers and have summer time. But I'll be there for sure.

By the way, I'm really REALLY excited to play PA in less than 48 hours. TA was pretty much the first game I ever played.
    bluejam and archcommander like this.
  14. OathAlliance

Well, hopefully you'll make some new friends at the party. But we'll be glad to see you there.
  15. theadamwest

theadamwest Member

really looking forward to streaming some games and meeting with other members of the community during our party!
  16. cybersunder

cybersunder Member

Might pop along, but I'm not a fan of Mumble.
  17. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

Just to be mr positive here. What if the beta is delayed. Something always goes wrong :p
    cwarner7264 and archcommander like this.
  18. OathAlliance

We'll just have to have another party! But, I trust Uber. They got alpha out on time.
  19. RMJ

RMJ Active Member

As long as everyone remembers to bring a pack of beer as emergency, then we have a backup plan. Funny thread while drunk :p
  20. theadamwest

theadamwest Member

beer does tend to make things more entertaining!