For Backers Only: Faction #1 Symbol Thread

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by BradNicholson, September 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terminator025

terminator025 New Member

My terrible shot in the dark:
    (Damn thing wouldn't let me have an embedded link to the image, so it is attached instead)

Attached Files:

2. baryon

baryon Active Member

pa.png

What do you think?
    lordxanos, paulusss, LordQ and 3 others like this.
  3. Devak

Devak Post Master General

4. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

The concept is great (in my opinion the best so far), but you can play with variants: Can you make versions with different types of gears, with no gear, with different colour of the planet and maybe with different planet positioning?

Also, there is white outline around the top of the wings, but not around the middle, bottom and not around the tail. I think it should be everywhere.
  5. baryon

baryon Active Member

Tell me what kind of gear and I can try.
    And what kind of planet position variations do you have in mind?
  6. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

I thought about gear about twice as thick and with wider teeth. Current one looks kinda fragile.
    As for planet - it looks like eagle is carrying it, can you put it lower, so it's more like eagle sitting on it? (also, as far as I know, eagles don't hold heavy things that way, so it will be more realistic even if you mean carrying) And maybe different colour, so it's clear that it is a planet and not a star. (Or rays like it is a star.)
    I'm not very good at that...
    [​IMG]
    iron420 likes this.
  7. baryon

baryon Active Member

Okay here are some variations:
    pa2.png
    And here the source files, so you can easily change the colors (it's an svg file, open it with inkscape for example).

Attached Files:

• pa.zip
      File size:
      18.4 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: September 24, 2013
  8. xfreezy

xfreezy Member

logo looks cool, I would prefer he upper left version but with the eagle more sitting on top of the planet like in the bottom right version.
  9. cmsd2

cmsd2 New Member

Please could we have a variant on the above designs but with the wings folded rather than outstretched?

That's the big difference between the eagle used by both the holy roman empire and the current coat of arms for germany and poland, and the one used by the romans and nazis.

I think it wouldn't detract at all from the design, but it would greatly sidestep a lot of inevitable criticism.
  10. taihus

taihus Member

That's actually an interesting point. The roman eagle did have folded wings.
  11. baryon

baryon Active Member

More variations
    pa3.png

Google images says something different. This may not be historically correct, but rather what people expect.
  12. osirus9

osirus9 Member

This logo is amazing. I'd love to see it emblazoned on the sides of my army as it drives through the smoking remains of my conquered enemies.
  13. miliascolds

miliascolds Member

i'm a little late but this is my idea, not as good as you guys lols.

Attached Files:

14. paulusss

paulusss Active Member

Well done Bro! All the versions you made are awesome! I hope uber will pick one and use it in game.
    I'm on vacation in the USA atm and I don't have a computer at hand, but if I did we would probably post the exact same logo at the same time. What I had in mind you made, you saved me from allot of work dude XD well done!!!!
  15. Devak

Devak Post Master General

You know, i get the feeling we're getting somewhere. very awesome job here!
  16. jhanii

jhanii New Member

I am not sure why roman empire really. By the spirit of the Supreme Commander (for which i personally consider PA as spiritual successor) i would stick to more geometrical things. Look at SC faction symbols. I can totally see something very similar to these glowing on the units in PA. As you walk accross the battlefield and your commander has holographic style flag on his back (japanese style) (such is flag on this picture fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/121/e/e/ee988e8494cc60903f05b6f545a77e56-d3fdwvk.jpg ).

And please no W40k references. There are plenty of games with that theme already.
  17. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Planetary Annihilation is a spiritual successor to Total Annihilation, not SupCom.
    (SupCom has an influence to be sure, but it is clearly not what has inspired this project.)
  18. Flamester

Flamester New Member

That's great baryon, here's my take on it.
    PASymbolalternate.png
    eroticburrito and kongkillha like this.
  19. mrcthulhu

mrcthulhu Member

Damn that's some good-looking work - I'm voting for the black with closed wings, seems like the faction could be vigilant, and protecting it's birth home.
  20. lapantouflemagic

lapantouflemagic Active Member

overall, i like how it turned into, but i feel akward about why is the cog opened at the top.

well, i suppose it is to evocate the laurels

i love mrcthulhu's style, i'd like to see his version of the eagle/cog stuff =)

(and i'm not fond of the folded wings)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.