For Backers Only: AI building stuff

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Sorian, July 19, 2013.

1. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

The AI does never scout, it just magically knows where you are. You can check that by looking at its base using the chrono cam, after the match has ended.
  2. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

No, it doesn't. It just sends bombers in random directions until it finds you. You can check that by looking at its base using the chrono cam, after playing 1vs1 on a large planet.
  3. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

That's exactly what I wrote...
    Actually I think it doesn't even send them randomly, just straight at your base. But I'm not playing the alpha so I had to use the youtube perspective.
    Last edited: September 22, 2013
  4. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

Then you don't have the right to make statements like that. Go play it and test it, then come back.
    Also, how did you get into Backers Lounge?
  5. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Because he's a backer. Not all backers got alpha access. Like me.
    syox likes this.
  6. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

LordQ is right, I am a backer but only for the beta.
    And there are enough people on youtube demonstrating that, so I have the right to say it. Unless you prove me wrong.
  7. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

It the word of AI's creator enough of a proof for you?
  8. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

I would be if I didn't see the proof myself. The AI builds bombers and fighters which patrol over its base, and if there's enough bombers those will attack you directly and the fighters will stay and protect the base.
    You can tell it works that way because when the AI sends its first bomber fleet then it doesn't send another one right after, which it would if it had more units. So it doesn't have any more and that means it knows where you are and sent its units directly at you.
    After all that post is more than a month old, so things might have changed. Or maybe its a bug.
    Last edited: September 22, 2013
  9. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

Teod is right here. It's not hard to send out early groups of fighters to find random groups of bombers scouring the map for your base ( especially on larger maps).
    There is also another way of confirming this. When the AI first begins to hit your base with bombers, they arrive from random directions.
    Yet once your base is discovered, every new bomber wave dispatched from the AI will arrive from the same basic direction, as they have flown directly to you.
  10. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

11. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Not sure what is live and what isn't, but one thing is for certain, that AI has not cheated for quite some time. The last time the AI cheated was when it was allowed to build metal extractors anywhere it felt like. At no time during development has the AI known where the player is before scouting them out. The first AI that scouted would continually scout, even when it found you, because it had know way of storing enemy location information.

In our internal build the AI builds scouts and sends them out looking for you, and wont send out bombers until it finds you. Previously, the AI used its bombers to scout and would always send them out when it had at least 5 of them. Now, it holds them back until it finds something worth attacking and even tries to avoid defenses.
  12. vipez

vipez Member

You MONSTER

Circle Air defense around base and the AI will NEVER attack! MUHAHHA!!11! Best idea ever
  13. angelmolina

angelmolina New Member

I just wanted to know: Will the AI be made customizable pre-match? Like being able to switch it's style of play? I thinking adding non-generic styles like building nukes as quickly as possible or just building teir 1 units and constantly zerg rushing the player would be fun.
  14. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

At least until it knows that it can make you its bitch.
  15. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

Yes, that is on the list. I like options.
  16. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

I like the idea of an AI option to limit AI to tech 1 only. That way you can improve your capability with tech 1 units for multiplayer, without limiting the AI to an "easy" level.

In fact, if you could not only let the player choose the level of AI difficulty (which I understand might just amount to adjusting the AI eco handicap, but anyway), then let us enable/disable a range of custom options like the use of air/land/naval units, and nukes/artillery, orbital, etc. (much like SupCom2 did), I think that would be great! One last option to apply the same restrictions to human players, or not, would be nice too (beginners need all the help they can get).
  17. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

To give you an idea how I feel about having options: I was the one that pushed for the expanded set of AI configuration options for SupCom 2.
    overseeker79 and cwarner7264 like this.
  18. ViolentMind

ViolentMind Active Member

Excellent! You da man! :cool:

Hopefully you have the full authority on those this time around!
  19. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

I just received my beta key, and although I watched lots and lots of YouTube videos I still don't have any experience. That's why I'm wondering if I can rush to orbital and launch my commander onto another stellar body and test in peace there? I don't know if the AI builds orbital already, but I would guess it does as there's no pathfinding needed there, similarly to how it prefers air.
  20. ceane

ceane New Member

The AI can't build orbital stuff, only air factories, which is why when playing against them you only encounter their bombers. Also I've tried rushing to build orbital, but it requires you go Vehicle Factory > Advanced Vehicle Factory > Orbital Launcher, and by the time you start building the launcher you're being swarmed by their bombers. So unless you are surrounded by missile defence towers, you won't be making much progress.