Confirmed Features List 2.0

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by KNight, March 27, 2013.

1. Meterian

Meterian New Member

[SUGGESTION] - could you implement some kind of adjustable limiter for the number of units you can build of each kind? this is coming from TA where I found that limiting some units was necessary
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Why not just, not have it such that you don't need such a system?

Mike
  3. Proarbiter

Proarbiter New Member

well if u have to set a amount of max units u can make of each type the game is definitely not balanced and this game will be so don't worry
  4. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

Mmmmmm I just love arbitrary limits to patch over shoddy balancing choices...

Oh, wait, no. I don't. I hate that.
  5. stigmatium

stigmatium New Member

I propose to replace the nuclear missiles on the good old long-range howitzers. In the TA for example, could be systematically bombard the enemy base oppressors. It was much more interesting and exciting.

The fact that the same first-strike nuclear missile reduces the enemy reduces to zero all his chances to continue. This makes the victory too easy and not interesting.
  6. Nothinglessness

Nothinglessness Member

Hey Knight!

Just a quick question. When interplanetary travel is released into the game, would you have to scroll out of the planet and zoom into the 2d system? Because if let's say your moon base was under attack, would you be able to do a simple double click onto the moon in the sky, or have to take the time to zoom out and zoom in? I was thinking something like universe sandbox styled zoom in would be useful in quick situations.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I can answer that and I don't really follow the development of PA. Don't know yet. Or maybe it's a [SUGGESTION] now? :D
  8. KNight

I'm assuming you've mistaken me for an Uber employee?

Mike
  9. Nothinglessness

Nothinglessness Member

10. KNight

Don't worry, your far from the First, actually I think it's up to double digits now....

Mike
  11. flexable

flexable Member

And overall limit to be sure low system can handle the game to the end is certainly better than a per unit limit.
  12. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

You should demand a salary.
  13. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Nukes are countered with dynamic bases and antinukes. How are you meant to defend against a long range howitzer which isn't as front-loaded as a nuke?
  14. MikeyTheSoviet

MikeyTheSoviet Member

Hope I don't have to scroll into interplanetary mode, my scroll wheel is really bad!
    (Don't buy a RAT MMO 7 unless you're handy with replacing laser wheels.)
  15. stigmatium

stigmatium New Member

The fact that, in the application of artillery, the enemy is always possible to change the place and rebuild, but if you do not care about protecting against nuclear missiles, your game is over, because the damage is very high.

By the way, the easy availability of nuclear weapons is not commensurate with his power.
    ie so easy I have never got a weapon of mass destruction.
    Its damage just makes it impossible to continue the game further. ie game turns short and uninteresting.

Of games played sessions I noticed that almost every player from the first seconds the game, directs all of its resources to build a launcher reducing to zero interest in the game .. It turns a dull race - who is faster. And where is the interest? And where a colorful war units wall to wall?

Well, I am building a missile defense system ... And then what?
    If this person is not able to fight the units at the beginning of the game, then he would do if all the missiles would be useless against my anti-missile defense system?
    Here is what he will do?

The whole planet is under my control, the enemy surrounded.
    And then what? Kill him as a baby? And what is the interest?

I'm like a normal fighting ground and air forces, and do not see the interest in the construction of nuclear facilities stupid.
    Last edited: September 12, 2013
  16. onesparxy

onesparxy Member

I would love a rush timer if everyone would be on diffrent planets though but im not sure
  17. Z3K0N15

Z3K0N15 Active Member

(Suggestion) More types of nuclear weapons like Hydrogen bombs,EMP's,intergalactic bombs,and more powerful crater nukes!
  18. mkultr4

mkultr4 Member

Are you still adding suggestions to this list?
  19. KNight

No.

Mike
  20. Barkbober

Barkbober New Member

I couldnt find it in the forums with the search, but i was wondering if they are planning on making anything that would allow us to build anti planetary weapons that we could use to have planet vs. planet battles?