Unit transports (Space)

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by h4344, September 5, 2013.

1. h4344

h4344 New Member

My idea was once we get multiple planets going, why not add to the launch pad one way rocket capsules that could be filled and launched at will (maybe set it off to the side of the facility after completion?) with say 25-50 units.

The purpose of these that i thought could be cool would be users could launch massive DDay type attacks on heavily fortified planets. I think i saw something before like a unit cannon that might already be in the works but with this idea it would be more of an all at once drop rather than streaming them in 1 by 1.

Some balance notes
    • They are cheap but 1 time use (break up on planet entry into smaller pods).
    • Only 1 per launch pad.
    • Scale the capacity to the unit type/size that is stored.
    • Ejected smaller unit pods from the main capsule have a chance to be shot down by AA.
  2. eroticburrito

eroticburrito Post Master General

Might decrease the need for orbital gameplay and use of mega weapons like asteroids and metal planets if you can just land an entire army in one go on an enemy planet. I'm sure the unit cannon will be fast enough, and you could always build several! The flip side is that if you've fought for a planet you want a chance to defend yourself with AA etc before an enemy can get a foothold.

I'm sure there will be lots of spaceship mods, however, so this will likely happen xD

I like the idea that after a battle-scarred planet is finally 'secured' by a team, they have to rush-off world because the other side has resorted to hurling asteroids.
  3. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

neutrino mentioned something like build pods, customizable planet landing parties both when you start the game and pods you can send out into space to land on other planets. He has just hinted at that and left it a mystery, but would be cool to have these pods with a set of conn units, and combat units. :cool:
  4. onesparxy

onesparxy Member

5. Devak

Devak Post Master General

I would think the pods displayed in the Kickstarter video are what these "transports" would be like (fired from the Unit Cannon). Although, to be honest, i would vastly prefer to send an asteroid into enemy orbit equipped with Unit Cannons.
    carpetmat likes this.
  6. GalacticCow

GalacticCow Active Member

With the kickstarter video, the unit cannon's capsules split into 5 bots which proceeded to hover-drop into the enemy base. I would assume that all you need is 1 or two unit cannons (which if the kickstarter video's RoF is accurate, is super-rapid-fire) on an asteroid or moon to create a full-scale invasion.
  7. MCXplode

MCXplode Active Member

wonder if you could send asteroids into other solar systems.
    massive assault unit canons and catapults on astroids to deliver mayhem
    kosmosprime likes this.
  8. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

And when you fired all your units you could crash it into the next planet.