NEW orbital idea

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by zaphodx, September 3, 2013.

1. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Leave the professional game designers to do what they do best.
  2. flnordin

flnordin New Member

o: GOOD IDEA
    (no sarcasm intended)
  3. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

good, as long as they listen to our wishes, what Uber did perfectly the last week :)
  4. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

While I think it's wrong to start demanding things from a developer. Community input is invaluable to provide them with ideas that they themselves didn't think of or didn't look like a high priority. The company should of course always weigh these ideas for what they are realistically worth. But it's still much better than not having the possibility of giving and getting feedback at all.

So I don't think agree with you there Zaphod.
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I think that Zaphod may be parodying the large number of threads that have appeared since the bit discussion with orbital ideas and the large amount of ongoing discussion.

As YourLocalMadSci so eloquently stated with this post, the discussion has run a little dry, as basically we've burned through all the ideas, had developed and community input, and basically we're going to wait and see what Uber come up with, rather than continuing to drum up new refinements of ideas already discussed.
  6. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

What else is there to talk about with such enthusiasm as the orbital layer? Even if most ideas have already been mentioned, it is a subject that atleast keeps this forum active.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Well, I never said "don't discuss it", but I do feel that posting 'new' ideas at this stage is a bit of an exercise in futility. We'd be much better refining those that we already have - and we have plenty - so that we have some viable substitutes to present to Uber in the event that their vision for orbital doesn't go as planned or is badly received.
  8. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Feedback has been given and I think it got to the point where Neutrino was getting a bit sick of it. Look at the first passes of every new addition compared to how they are now. I think it's time to let Uber do their thing and see what they come up with.
    infuscoletum likes this.