Why only assassination game mode?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by cmdrflop, August 31, 2013.

1. cmdrflop

cmdrflop Active Member

Yeah, i know it's alpha and all, but wouldn't it be easy to add a normal domination game mode. Like where you don't lose when you commander(s) get(s) killed, but when all your stuff gets destroyed. Would be great for people who don't like to get sniped. And you could just make the win condition: kill all enemy commanders, units and factories so that you won't have to use an hour just to remove all their mexes and energy plants. Also, advanced radar covers half the planet so finding the last unit wouldn't be that annoying.

I know they are going to add it eventually, so why not now. I don't know much about programming but wouldn't this take just av very, very short time? Or am i just making a complete fool out of myself on the internet now?

It makes no sense to me when the commander blow all his sibling up. It makes me very sad, also ; (
  2. wubbeyman

wubbeyman New Member

at cmdrflo from the games I've bête tested game modes are a more bête type thing. for now they're just worried about the game working and getting the game functions in. I am not a programmer and don't know from exp. how long it takes for a new game mode to be made but they are focusing right now and probly cant put it in yet. pations is key.

p.s. sorry for the spelling.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

4. Kruptos

Kruptos Active Member

I believe assasination is the main end condition they are planning for this game. They will surely allow us to change that in custom games later, but I believe adding that feature will be end beta thing. It's just not the most important thing right now.
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Why only Assassination?

Alpha.
  6. Grounders10

Grounders10 Member

Alpha, no matter how valid, doesn't explain it fully. The simple matter is the Devs have been focused on putting in the core gameplay elements. Units, resource gathering, map generation etc. are further up that list than a second game mode. As is the game is playable and a single game mode is more than enough to allow comprehensive testing of newly introduced features. I suspect alternate game modes will be added during beta once the core mechanics have been settled.
    mushroomars likes this.
  7. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

8. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

I'm sure different game modes will be added later on. As someone else said, probably at the end of the beta period. And I look forward to the different modes!