My PAX video - A Tale of Two Commanders

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by FlandersNed, August 30, 2013.

1. FlandersNed

FlandersNed Member

2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Wow real nice job. Well done.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

You HAVE NO SERVER LAG IN YOUR VIDEO!!! good job!!! ('xcept 2:45) here take this gold star!!! + the music is a great choice. did you have to edit out skipped frames? what's you secret?

trailer vid done right!:D
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

That sneaky boat that's moving on land. :p
  5. zihuatanejo

zihuatanejo Well-Known Member

Bloody good job sir!

Please make more :) Love the subtle, static camera angles, sunrises, the last minute reveal of the whole planet... bravo!
  6. FlandersNed

FlandersNed Member

Any clips with lag I tried not to use. Funnily enough, the clip at 2:45 was not lagging; it was slowed down to fit into the music. Silly me didn't think far ahead to get enough footage, so I had do to stuff like that in the video (I did have two more clips of that scene, but they had the UI in them.)

Thanks to everyone for the kind words.
  7. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Did you use Chronocam to reduce the lag? I noticed that a lot of people aren't doing that for cinematic videos.

Edit: Now for the actual praise: I loved it. The video fit the music perfectly.

Now if only there was more beautiful city spires being glassed from orbit as the music swells, and the planet is silenced.
  8. FlandersNed

FlandersNed Member

All but the last few clips seen where filmed while the game was happening. Chronocam was used to get the final shots that happened around the same time in real time.