Welcome to the new forums

Discussion in 'Uber Entertainment Discussion' started by LennardF1989, August 14, 2013.

1. HarryButchers

HarryButchers Member

That's what I mean.
  2. LennardF1989

LennardF1989 Uber Contractor

I just added support for animated GIFs on the forum itself (visible when you post).
  3. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

Liking the new styling :)

However, the comment/new post/edit post boxes haven't picked it up yet. ;)
  4. sechastain

sechastain Member

Found a bit of a bug with the forums tonight.

So, I started to attach some files in a post.

The dialog fell behind the window. I figured it closed. But the tab was completely unresponsive.

I was able to close the tab and open a new tab to https://forums.uberent.com

I was able to navigate through the forums until I actually would open a thread. Then everything would lock down.

Repeat this madness for a bit.

Then by accident I realized the dialog to attach files was still open but behind the window. Closed it. Everything goes back to normal.
  5. LennardF1989

Huh? I'm not sure what you mean by this.
  6. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I had a little trouble posting replies earlier with iPhone. I cleared history and cache( I think that's the English word) and allowed popups( don't think this was the problem) and it fixed it for me.
  7. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

The create new post box doesnt show URLs in a special color at all. Kinda hard to edit URLs like this.
  8. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Why not just change it over to the BB code editor and manually do it? At least that's how I do it. Though the rich text editor should show the colored urls.
  9. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Oh you can switch to BB code? Nice.
  10. DeadStretch

Yes. In the Rich text editor it's the paper with a wrench on the right side of the reply box.
  11. killien

killien Active Member

My issue with the BB Code Editor is it removes the buttons for the various commands. While they're mostly burned to memory, sometimes it's nice to be able to just highlight then click a button
  12. goodbean

goodbean Well-Known Member

The rich text editor gets on my nerves, I just go to basic.

Also I figured out that there is no longer a fucken censor system. woot we can curse now.
  13. comham

comham Active Member

I just noticed you can see thread page numbers in "New Posts" without mouseover. Thanks Lennard!
    SXX and Raevn like this.
  14. LennardF1989

No problem, will look into spoiler tags soon, I guess. You may have noticed I also removed a big amount of gradients and changed the font and quote CSS to that of the good ol' forums for better readability. Also removed the stretching of messages so short messages aren't a solid block of gray.

Keep suggestions and such coming.
  15. Teod

Teod Well-Known Member

What is wrong with the login system? I spent half of a hour trying to log in. Error 99% of the time. Both from mobile (Opera mini is a proxy, maybe that's the proplem?) and PC (Dynamic IP?).

And still no regular layout for mobile...
  16. LennardF1989

@Teod I see no errors in the back-end, so unless you had a more specific message than "something went wrong, please try again", it's not the forums but UberNet.
  17. DeadStretch

Small request. Can we get the font in the reply box to match the font of the forums?
  18. SXX

SXX Post Master General

19. DeadStretch

Is it possible to get a cancel option for the reply box? A few times after pressing the reply button on a post (which quotes that post in the quick reply box) after further thought I decide not to reply to the post. Still whenever I view newer posts my post draft is still saved.

Basically can we have an option to clear a draft for a reply? Or if there is already the option I would very much like to know. Thanks.
  20. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I would also like this.