Awesomenauts Starstorm - kickstarter

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by sakre99, August 20, 2013.

1. sakre99

sakre99 Member

2. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

Because ronimo kickstarts for an update doesn't have anything to do with Uber.
  3. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

It sorta does, shows people would want to back stuff like that, as weird as it is. I know it'll never happen, but it'd be neat to see what kind of goals and stretch goals they'd add.

(though yea it doesn't have so much to do with smnc that it shouldn't be in Unrelated Discussion.)
  4. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

So what Uber has done with SMNC since the start a bigger team of developers need $125,000 just to update and add content? The stretch goals for that just make me laugh.
  5. kvalheim

i figure though that once a game is released, it should be able to stand on its own feet. There are many reasons to crowdfund a new game because publishers can be limiting and against risky ventures, but if a game isn't bringing in enough to update itself, is it really worth updating?
  6. jbeetle

I guess it's a clear sign Awesomenauts is able to stand on its own two feet. Though last I checked it didn't have that many players, considerably more than SMNC, but still not that many.
  7. Nap

Nap Well-Known Member

If this was Uber I wouldn't even think twice about doing the $1k tier, $10k is a little much for me. I might do the $450 for Awesomenauts
  8. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

I'm going to make a kickstarter too. Support Pill's smoking habit. Stretch goal: beer money.
  9. jbeetle

What's funny is if you were well-known enough on the Internet, maybe like a Youtube personality, it would probably work.
  10. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Meanwhile, I'll start a KS to help pay for my mother's cancer treatment. There will be nary a single backer.
  11. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

brb starting let's play channel
  12. kvalheim

make sure you do Slender and Minecraft
    theyre the most popular so obviously the best.
  13. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

I'd be all for a Kickstarter to relaunch/update SMNC with PS4 & XB1 releases as well.
    New maps, TurboCross tweaks, SuperBlitz modes and maps, etc.
    Give it all the proper E-Sports features that the lack of budget did not allow.
    Last edited: August 22, 2013
  14. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

to make a kickstarter in order to put out further content makes me think this game didn´t seem to do THAT well ..
  15. jbeetle

or perhaps kickstarting is going to become more commonplace for a lot more things
  16. MrTBSC

that might be ... but does it justify what they are kickstarting?
    i mean if a game does well why should there be a need for a kickstarter to make additional contend?
    i assumed that they actualy made enough money on their own to make the content ... but well
  17. jbeetle

the nice thing about kickstarting is that no harm is done. If I could choose between using my own money to gamble (no matter how good the odds might be) and going to kickstarter for 100% funding, I'd go with the latter. It's been funded, so there's enough interest.
  18. MrTBSC

... hmmm i don´t agree with that ... even 100+% funded there can still happen something ...
    i mean take a look to what happened with doublefine ... they kickstarted a second game even though the first one isn´t finished yet ... and they already want to sell the first half because they burned through the money to quickly ... i wouldn´t trust doublefine with any other kickstarter after that honestly ...
  19. jbeetle

and you wouldn't spend any money kickstarting them. and that's the point. people who aren't interested don't dish out the money.
  20. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

I've Kickstarted (and used IndieGoGo) to fund some bands and artists I like to help them record an album or to make special editions like vinyl.