Suggestion: "Disable Nuke" option in lobby.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by ozolus, August 18, 2013.

1. ozolus

ozolus New Member

Hello!

While nukes seems to be working as intended, I would love to play a game where nukes are not involved. Would it be difficult / is something already planned to offer a "Disable Nuke" option in the lobbies of custom games?

Thanks for your time, and you guys are amazing! Keep up the amazing work!
  2. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I would eventually like a whole range of options to create many combinations of game mode.
  3. techvert

techvert New Member

Disabling specific units or unit types was a feature in supcom, I'm assuming it will make its way to PA as well but I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.
  4. Nayzablade

Nayzablade Active Member

It was definately a feature in TA...though a bit unweildy, hehe. You could actaully limit any unit/building in the game to a set amount or not be able to build it at all.
  5. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

I actually had a look to see if this could be modded in now. I think I could remove the build option via a mod (and have the build options selectable), but that would only affect people who have the mod installed ;)
  6. Ringworm

Ringworm Active Member

I expect this to be one of the many variations available from the lobby.
    Either as an explicit selection choice, or from a user-selectable set of options.
  7. VectorShift

VectorShift New Member

At this stage, the main purpose for us playing the game is to work out the kinks. Making the game fun is only a means to that end. If we were to have an option to disable nukes or other things players don't like about the game, then players would less frequently encounter bugs with those things, and the effectiveness of the alpha would be diminished.

Also, such a feature at this stage would likely be a temporary hack. The feature itself would be bug prone, and being temporary code, debugging the feature would not be worth the devs' time.
  8. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Since the server is the final arbiter, it will require a full mod or a game mode that supports limiting unit choices. All things we want to do, but all beta stage stuff. :) For now, we want everything to be used regularly. More limits and gameplay constraints will come once the core game is locked down solid.
  9. VectorShift

VectorShift New Member

I really loved the individual unit limit you could set in Total Annihilation. Too bad it rarely worked. I would love to have that level of control in this game!