"PA.exe has stopped working". Any solution?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by pipothy, June 18, 2013.

1. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

Since so many fixes are already tried, this might be a double up one. But would love to see an updated DxDiag. Either way, in assistance to the post above me, this should be the proper driver for the 330M in your system: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-w ... river.html
  2. otlichno

otlichno New Member

Thanks mylon13, I will try that driver and let you know what I find :)
  3. otlichno

otlichno New Member

Thank you mylon13, that link to driver actually installed with out any modification and it solved my problem. Thank you all for the help!
  4. francoish

francoish New Member

On my side, this driver work but it have a side effect : an intermittent black screen on my laptop start up... It seems not being compatible with the energy management of my dell Inspiron 17r special edition...

I tried to revert to the 314.x but this time, PA crash to the desktop on start. This is really funny but on my desktop the same release (for desktop cards) work perfectly (314.x). I'm bored...
  5. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Are you sure that you actually run game on NVidia card?

I had black screen issue when launch game on my notebook with Win7 and Intel HD.

Can you attach your DxDiag?
  6. francoish

francoish New Member

I don't have HD Graphics on this, it's not an Ivy bridge version.

I have only one video adapter which is the GeForce 650M
  7. SXX

SXX Post Master General

All Intel-based laptops have HD graphics for something like 4 years and laptop with GeForce 650 obviously have integrated GPU.
    Upload your DxDiag.txt so I can check what exactly hardware you have.

It's actually more important what video adapter game run on. Can you please open this directory:
    C:\Users\ YOUR_WINDOWS_USER \AppData\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log\
    And then upload log files as attachments to this forum?
  8. francoish

francoish New Member

I will if it's happens again... Since the last patch, the issue is gone and the game is runing fine again.

For the HD Graphics you're right, it's probably I forgot I disabled it in the BIOS so it's never active on my computer.
  9. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Then you lucky man if you have option to disable Optimus in BIOS. In most of notebooks Nvidia GPU doesn't have connection to display, so it's just can't work without Intel enabled.