No Engineers Game Mode!

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Nebbyyy, August 7, 2013.

1. Nebbyyy

Nebbyyy Member

So with the guys at the realm we were thinking of idea's for fun game modes and we have been playing no engineers and have been having a bunch of fun with it, expanding only with commanders balancing your eco it makes for a very intense team game

so just wondering if the guys at uber would consider implementing this
  2. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

I'd like to expand on this.

Instead of making this a gamemode, let us define custom options in private games or maybe even non-vanilla unofficial public servers. Custom options could include options like:
    -toggle if a unit/building is allowed to be used.
    -define winning conditions such as assassination, total annihilation, territory control etc etc. Also as a toggle, so some gamemodes could potentially be mixed.
    -set time limit in certain gamemodes
    -toggle AI players on/off
    -mappool of preset or random planets, with control over their min/max scale, type of planet.

In any case, allowing for the freedom to setup your own rules would mean that users can make simple gamemodes on the fly.
  3. glinkot

glinkot Active Member

Yep, I think if we have individual control about what you can build at team or player level it would open up lots of possibilities.

This would let you create 'factions' within the unit set - perhaps one team can only build tanks and catapults etc, while another is air focused or somesuch. The same mechanism would let you disable engineers for one or all players.
  4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

All good ideas. The games were very fun. Video out later today!
  5. Nebbyyy

Nebbyyy Member

Yeah i think your right ghost the ability to toggle units on/off as well as other minor things could be useful
  6. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General