Game content proposal part 2

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ang77, August 7, 2013.

?

Which ideas do YOU think should be added?

Poll closed December 5, 2013.
  1. Idea 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Idea 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Idea 3

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. I like all of these, and I want more ideas in the future!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

Is it just me or has this forum become a giant circlejerk?
  2. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

You have not been paying attention. Forums have always been this way.
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Maybe somewhat, but primarily I think it's just the result from having gone over all these basic topics again and again such that we basically know the "right" answer already.

Case in point with Experimentals, we know that while Uber might play around with the idea, they are still very wary of the end result of SupCom's Experimentals, and given the constraints Uber is under it makes perfectly good sense to just forget about them until sometime post release.

Mike
  4. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

It has become a tad stagnant of late. We haven't been fed new input data for a while and are resorting to re-hashing old topics. Hence why newbies who don't do the minimum level of courtesy, and check on what has gone before get treated to a slap on the wrist.

Of course, if some dashing young dev were to start turning the drip-feed of information into a steady stream again, this situation would improve. It doesn't even need to be a one way flow. Some best discussions on these forums have been the devs asking the community what they thought of things like game-modes, mega-bots and economy systems. I don't think it would be too much of an effort to start up a couple of question topics.
  5. schuesseled192

schuesseled192 Active Member

Oh and where are you getting this list of community approved experimentals from? That's assuming of course the majority of people even want experimentals, personally I think there are far too many drawbacks to that type of unit, the most noticeable one of course is the "game over" attachment that comes with it.
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

The you guys really aren't helping to disprove that and create a more positive atmosphere.

Saying that things are because they have always been is kind of a cop out from the moderators if you ask me.
  7. nanolathe

If you're willing to be on a one-man crusade to make sure that no circle-jerking in forums ever occurs anywhere on the internet ever again, I wish you good luck.

You're going to need it.
  8. comham

comham Active Member

If I had to choose between nanolathe being a bit harsh sometimes in shooting my ideas down, and a horrible "no criticism allowed" technically illiterate hugbox like the Kerbal Space Program forums, I'll choose the former.

But I suspect this is less of an issue of moderation (ie herding cats) and more about demographics.
  9. nanolathe

Not exactly a ringing endorsement, but I'll take it. Thanks comham!
    :p

I do agree with you though. I am a bit too harsh most of the time.
    I'm working on it.

no promises.
  10. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

Pff let's be honest, noone has the right to have ideas on this forum anymore. it's become one massive circle jerk and it's all thanks to our two great cyber-bullies.
  11. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

If anyone has an idea to discuss go ahead, but I'm pretty sure we've covered every possible element of RTSes except for the drug-induced pipe dreams.

Actually... What if forests provided some damage reduction? We haven't shot that one down yet, or validated it.
  12. KNight

I swear we had a thread along those lines......

Mike
  13. tatsujb

14. KNight

Found it;

viewtopic.php?f=61&t=45992

Mike
  15. tatsujb

god daing it.

time to necro some threads then.