Good PC games?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by poiuasd, July 17, 2013.

1. arseface

arseface Post Master General

What I liked most about Brogue were how easy it was to pick up(hovering over anything tells you what it is basically) and how the later levels made you think about every single turn you made. I've actually got some pretty darn neato stories I made from level 14+ runs. Some of the junk you can pull in that game just feels so slick.

I've tried both of those other ones. I didn't get very far, but it felt more like a loot collector than a tactical game. I never liked randomized loot stats in games. I want a dagger to be a dagger, a sword to be a sword, and enchantments that do things other than "attack speed +.032%".

Stone Soup I'm reserving judgement on till I really delve into it. I wish it had the ascii graphics with the mouse selection though. Mice are just so handy and the ascii graphics I actually have an easier time seeing what's happening(and imagining it more vividly).
  2. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

Phew! It took me 48 hours to beat the first Witcher game, blindly at the hardest difficulty. Took a peek at the second one and I love it already.
  3. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

I personally liked the first one better, but the second one is still pretty awesome

There's one moment in TW2 where you have like <30 seconds to make a decision that can change your entire game. I ******* loved that.
  4. poiuasd

I just didn't like the combat in TW1. Too clunky for my taste and in the last 2 chapters you could just spam everything except major bosses down with signs.
  5. Orome

Orome Well-Known Member

If you guys haven't tried bastion yet, you should. I finished it yesterday and it sure is one of the best games I ever played.
  6. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

I remember seeing a dead rising meets minecraft kind of game.

Besides that, c&c renegade. Not new, but still alive, it is good, it takes shooting and strategy, and it has a player made sequel called renegade x, it is an unreal3 mod that is announced to soon be standalone.
  7. poiuasd

Sounds like the perfect match for a person like me who absolutely despises minecraft and the overdone zombie scene.

I don't like RTS's.
  8. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

Drink Blizzard for every battle, kill everything in slow motion :p

I enjoyed just going around and talking to people, and how decisions come back in later chapters.

Same reason I loved Deus Ex so much, small decisions have lasting effects and there is NO MORALITY BAR!!! This is what ruined Mass Effect for me the explicit morality bar made decisions black and white, it also makes you want to play the bar instead of the game. Pick blue decisions or pick red decisions x.x
    When both options are presented equal they become much more difficult to decide and are leave a personal impact.

Where is Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden?!! http://www.talesofgames.com/related_gam ... am-gaiden/ best RPG ever!!!!
  9. sylvesterink

sylvesterink Active Member

Yes, I agree. Amazing JRPG. But NOT an RPG Maker game. It was made in Gamemaker. Either way, it's still amazing. And the kickstarted sequel looks like it has a lot of promise too. Cyberdwarf full-body pillows for the win!

"It's called survival of the fittest. If you can't slam with the best, then jam with the rest."
  10. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

These

Best games ever.

Attached Files:

11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Ohh i like em sassy.

In all seriousness, a crafting undead survival game was a fair submission. Its graphics are almost fallout good too, so it isn't too bad.

Renegade is a tactical shooter you know right? where you walk around with a gun and point and shoot at enemies? With tanks and field control warfare and attacking and defending bases, but in the end it is Monday night combat as far as requiring strategy and having a complex objective.
  12. jaysaurusrex

jaysaurusrex Member

If you like horror games single player, should wait until among the sleep comes out.

Looks awesome.
  13. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I assume you're talking about Among the Sleep? looks very interesting.
  14. jaysaurusrex

jaysaurusrex Member

Maybe. Not sure if i mentioned it though.
  15. jbeetle

oh sorry XD I just saw "the sleep."
  16. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Yeah, I was sitting here scratching my head thinking "What am I missing there? What's different?" :lol:
  17. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

No, I'm pretty sure he's talking about Among the Sleep.
  18. comham

comham Active Member

19. jbeetle

That video doesn't have enough to interest me :/
  20. comham

comham Active Member

Well, the feature list for the final game includes:
    Physically simulated characters: your character moves by exerting force on the floor with his feet and joint articulation, and recoil works in a similar manner. Movement will feel really good due to not being a floating gun
    Physically modelled wings and control surfaces for planes
    Physically modelled gears for tanks and jeeps
    Voxel based terrain with a huge view distance
    Physics-based destruction of buildings

There are free test versions of A New Zero out, with planes only, they just feel really good to fly and move and fight with. Sub Rosa has an active community still, a year after release. And I just really like the minimalist artstyle, particularly the environment. It fills me with a kind of nostalgia I can't quite place.