[Question] Unit types?

Discussion in 'Support!' started by dracoknight, July 31, 2013.

1. dracoknight

dracoknight New Member

So i was sitting here wondering what i would love out of a sci-fi games and it started to kinda bug me.

Will there be multi-legged bot units? I do love quadpedal bots, and i think it would be a simple adjustment to some units just having a few more legs than a bipedal. ( I havent played for a while so this might be in already, correct me if i am wrong )

Will there be a "jetpack" kind of bot? A mind to the "reaper" in Starcraft 2, and a little mind on the "Crisis suits" from Warhammer 40k i was starting to think if it wouldnt be cool to have a kind of a "special ops" unit that can jump on a cliff and rain some hell down on the unsuspecting tanks below.

"Melee" unit, a mind to gundam-ish with powerswords and all that, but will there be a "melee" kind like flamethrowers, wrecking balls, or similar?
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

I take it you haven't looked at the T2 Fabber Bot then.

Mike
  3. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Nobody uses bots Mike, don't you know that?

But in all seriousness, I have no idea whether or not all-terrain units and close combatants will be implemented. TA is more about transports and suicide units respectively, but I have no idea what Uber's stance on the more "exotic" stuff is.

This is most likely one of those "Post-Retail/Leave to Modders" kind of thing.
  4. dracoknight

dracoknight New Member

Nah not yet.

For "Exotic" units i guess whatever ability they have is going to be automatic, so in the case of all-terrain or "jump" units they will just take the shortest path by jumping up.
    Shouldnt be too "unique" to have a bot type that allow to bypass natural walls, or maybe they could even jump over walls. etc.
  5. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

That isn't really a unit "type" then is it? It's a bot with a special ability.
  6. hygieia

hygieia New Member

Since this seems to be more about unit movement types...

Can we please have this rolling, morphing robot with twin miniguns/whatever shooty stuff popping from the middle?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuC6q9kbryw
  7. rabbit9000

rabbit9000 Member

An amphibious roller bot would be kind of neat.

Slow on inclines, fast on declines, but heavily armoured, slow when deployed, vulnerable when transforming.

Somebody should really make this!