Start building order

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by mandarni, July 30, 2013.

1. mandarni

mandarni New Member

In order to build a solid and strong economy, what do you go for?

I usually go for:
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

that is good however change the air factory to tank factory, you can get flying engies next. but you'll need some land force in case of rushed units.
  3. mandarni

mandarni New Member

I haven't really had an issue with early rushes. But yes, that is a worthy consideration. I usually prefer flying fabrication units because... well, they can go everywhere. So I guess it depends on map, if I want to go vehicle or air first. Also I value the scouting information highly.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

they build the slowest (if I'm not mistaken?) so you're giving yourself a handicap from the start.
  5. mandarni

mandarni New Member

Ah, I hadn't checked that. That is a good thing to consider, yes. I will test it, but if you are right, then yes, I will need to fix it. I do think an early air factory is good to have though, hummingbirds are amazing.
  6. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

I don't have alpha, but from what I've watched from streams and what I've seen in the unit database http://www.pa-db.com/ (dunno if it's still up to date), I reckon a bot factory to start with is best, with the following queue of units: Fabber x 1-2, Scampers x 2-3, Fabbers x infinity.

Scampers have inferior sight to vehicle scouts, but in small numbers they're fantastic at harassment. In addition, bot fabbers have the same build rate and movement speed as vehicle fabbers but are cheaper. They're worth using, if not for teching, but at least for base building and expansion. I'm not 100% sure why Levellers are preferred over Slammers actually.
    Last edited: July 30, 2013
  7. mandarni

mandarni New Member

Hmmm, yes, haven't really been using bots, but they seem fun to use :) I will give it a shot once steam stops derping around. Maybe upload a tutorial on it to youtube once I got it down to a T :)
  8. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

Fab aircraft are 40% slower at building and use twice as much power. This is a critical disadvantage early on. If going for first air you HAVE to use bombers early to kill their fabbers and regain an advantage. Also prioritise getting a vehicle/bot fac out asap.
  9. mandarni

mandarni New Member

I stand corrected. I will adapt my build order to adapt to this :)
  10. knox283

knox283 New Member

in a 1v1 game you only need 1 energy up to sustain the commander building.

I usually go:

1 energy

2 metal

1 vehicle factory

commander spams energy for a while
  11. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

1 E
    3 M
    1 vehicle fac
    2 M
    2 E

This generally gives you a positive start if you're in a relatively safe area
  12. impend1ngdoom

impend1ngdoom Member

Personally i go mex, energy, energy, mex, energy storage, bot fac>2 fabs. fabs assist com (assist is broken so lots of micro involved) with 4-5 more energy and as much mex as it takes to build with all of them +the bot fac without going red. Then I start up t2. Obviously this only works if you have a nice comfort circle to start the round. After the t2 is done i build air and scout, make a t2 bot and start t2 eco and snowball from there

if another player is near I start my original fac with attack bots and start build arty rather than t2. then once ive displaced the enemy i start t2. usually by this time its too late as Im getting shelled by catapults from the guy who had the comfort bubble on the other side of me lol