Can the PA-Backers be patient?

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Schulti, July 19, 2013.

1. Schulti

Schulti Active Member

At least I can :)

This threat is going to be another one about "the minimap" or "not the minimap" or "something in between" or "???"...

Theres no more i want to say then this:
    I am very curious what Uber will bring on to give us players the abillity to see whats going on on the solarsystem or planets. I know that this may be a hard task, BUT i will wait and be patient until you come up with your ideas, Uber!

Seeing all the discussions and tons of posts going about this, i felt to say this loud and clear!
    Its not that i havenĀ“t my own opinion and ideas, but i will wait until it is there.

Please do not let this become another discussion threat.
    If you feel maybe a bit like i do: say it
    If not: leave it

Thanks to Uber for your great work and have a nice friday!
    Last edited: July 19, 2013
  2. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

"Herding Cats".

That's all I'm going to say. ;)
  3. ghostflux

ghostflux Active Member

4. Tontow

Tontow Active Member

Yes and no.
    I have the ability to wait for the next patch...... But not the willpower. :p

I want my cake now, even it if the cake is a lie.
  5. vanteo

vanteo New Member

LOL if I wanted to wait I would have waited until December when the game came out. Obviously I'm no good at waiting. As for me and probably everyone else who funded the kick-starter, we have really high hopes for this game. We just want to make sure the Uber Devs hear our thoughts and ideas.
    It's clearly their decision what they put out and we all bought the potential of the game. If the UI isn't crisp and responsive in December yeah I'd feel let down, and if we as the game community come up with a handful of ideas that make the game play better then I think we proved Ubers decision to develop this game in the open to be a good idea.

I totally agree that we should be patient and not demand things from the Devs, but everyone should contribute and debate the pros and cons of different ideas
  6. TehOwn

TehOwn Member

I'm just hoping that the minimap won't end up like the Windows 8 Start "Screen".

Developer telling us we need something new.
    We disagree.
    They make it anyway.
    We hate it.
    Someone mods a replacement in.
  7. paulzeke

paulzeke Member

Most of the discussion in the boards over the past few weeks has died down to just a few repetitive spirals of debate ... yet I still can't stop refreshing the forums several times a day hoping for another nugget of info on how development is coming. The last update didn't really add that much that was new player side, and I'm sure getting multi-planet stuff working is the single largest feature to implement, so it just feels like we're in the middle of the "hump" of the Alpha stage
  8. osirus9

osirus9 Member

THIS
    OH GOD THIS.

I refresh these forums every hour or so just praying that a new patch is out. Or at least some new topic, but even that is getting rare these days. I wont Lie I was a little sad that this last patch didnt include interplanetary travel since it was hinted that it would. I'm also really hopeful about having a functioning AI that does a bit more than spam one unit from a pre built base. Don't get me wrong, the other features implemented are important and I play every release at least once. But I just really REALLY want to travel between planets! I feel like that will change the game so much that I'm barely even playing PA right now.

So I guess what I'm saying is, yes I can be patient, but I wont enjoy it lol.
  9. Nelec

Nelec Member

I hope that they will show something juicy in the livestream tomorrow :p . I am having a hard time to motivate myself to play the game without any of the interplanetary stuff.
  10. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

I would honestly be surprised if they didn't have something to show. Livestreams are usually scheduled to show off something new.
  11. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

I'm really hoping to see a Yuri-Gagarin-bot get lifted up the side of the rocket, and blast off into space to the music of Struass's Also sprach Zarathustra.

Even better if there's a Neil-Armstrong-Bot and a Buzz-Aldrin-Bot ready to go too.