Anime/Manga

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by Xx Tikki xX, December 11, 2010.

1. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

I actually need more comedy this week but I'll make due with what I have.

Btw, I did eventually watch Suisei no Gargantia, it was pretty good. Not amazing, and I probably would've stopped if not for knowing that you told me there was some "big reveal" in episode 9 or so. But it was worth sticking through. Chamber was a surprise.
  2. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Gakuen Saimin Reido
  3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

currently reading one piece, naruto (even though i have no intrest in ninjawizards)
    and fairy tail (why the heck i´m reading that i have no idea)
    finished gantz ... must say the ending felt too dissapointing ... series was best
    till oniarc and the arc after it but then went down *sigh*
  4. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Such an awesome show already. I find myself obsessively rewatching the OP every day, haha.
    NegimaSonic likes this.
  5. NegimaSonic

surprised to see a bump here lol.
    Anyway, I've been pretty cool with how it has progressed since the beginning, I'm up to episode 6. Couldn't watch episode 7 yet :| (or most anime for the last week, I'm behind again)
    On the other hand, I actually obsessively listened to the ED for a long time instead of the OP. Talking about the first/main ED with the cell phone, since the show changes EDs every so often.
  6. arseface

arseface Post Master General

This may be a bit late, but I'm glad Gantz is over. Everything after the Osaka arc was begging for it to die.

I'll probably be watching a buttload as I'm in a house transition. Infrequent internet makes downloads a lot easier than trying anything with consistent connections.

Slayers Next and Banner of the Stars 2 will probably eat up a bunch of my time. That and some old roms I promised I'd play through. Books will also be read, but they're harder to get a hold of where I am and I hate reading on computers.
  7. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

No doubt the ED has immense kawaii factor and I always watch it when it's on air on an episode. I just can't get over how moetal the OP is though.

And I hope you watch episode 7 soon. It's probably the funniest to date.
  8. NegimaSonic

Well there's plenty to watch from this season if you're into new stuff. Not a whole lot of action though to me, but you might find something that suits you.

I will. Probably tonight. I think downloading on school wireless is faster than ethernet but I can't play SMNC (or anything really) without using ethernet so I gave up yesterday. I went ahead and gave in today so I have a fresh watamote waiting for me~

I roughly got an idea on how the episode goes though due to a friend and memory of the manga.
  9. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

the last 2 arcs were soooo disappointing ... and the end ... ufff
  10. 81suibylop

81suibylop Active Member

Corpse Party's new OVA is pretty interesting (dif from the game a bit, but close enough lol)
  11. embox

embox Moderator Alumni

Shingeki no Kyojin left off at an interesting part, although it felt weird that they glorified the Annie fight where as in comparison to the manga, it just carries on as normal.
  12. NegimaSonic

True, I read the manga version of that chapter afterwards, but I gotta say I prefer how the anime did it MINUS the final reveal. Everything except for that made for a pretty awesome action packed finale.

Fall 2013 starting now, I'm riding the Valvrave and Little Buster hype trains. But as far as new stuff, Kill la Kill is standing out as something very...different.
    And I'm loving the one part of Pokemon the Origin that I've seen so far. Too bad there's only 3 more parts.
  13. totallynotzoom

totallynotzoom Member

14. voodoomaster

voodoomaster Member

I realy love this anime, but only 25 episodes. I hope this will bring out some more.
  15. voodoomaster

voodoomaster Member

Also Mirai Nikki is realy a great one, didn't expected it when i started watching.
  16. NegimaSonic

A second season will likely come but it will be a long time. The anime covered more than half of the existing manga. And that manga is a monthly so that's 12 chapters a year.

That being said I think there's going to be an OVA based on Levi in December.
  17. voodoomaster

voodoomaster Member

Nice! I can wait :)
  18. NegimaSonic

Sure you don't want to just hop into the manga? Even though I haven't really read it either heh
  19. arseface

arseface Post Master General

FINALLY finished up Slayers. All the way down to Evolution-R, barring a coulpe of the movies that I couldn't find anyways. Now to find copies of the english books.

Also saw some wolf kids movie. It was good.

Kill la Kill seems neat. Coherent enough to be interesting, ridiculous enough to be fun.
  20. NegimaSonic

I enjoy Kill la Kill, it's not the greatest thing ever and I don't usually like randomness, but something about it amuses me, probably due to the almost nonstop nature of the show