Hope in future players use air and naval

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by kalherine, July 27, 2013.

1. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Every matches i have saw ,i only see players worry about ground and only ground until game over.
    Maybe air and naval don´t need be here? Was what some players told me in game!
    What can we do to change this?
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

We wait until the game is in a functional state before we worry about little details.

Don't forget that until now we had no control over the planets, now that we can generate planets to a degree, we will start to see maps that feature water more prominently and encourage other type of play.

Also Land units might still be "amphibious", it's not something I've checked.

Mike
  3. sneakyness

sneakyness Member

4. Raevn

Raevn Moderator Alumni

This is fixed now :)

Before now too, there weren't many planets with lots of water, so naval was usually not the best way to go. Air is still used, but a little hard to control at the moment, so it's mostly about sniping.
  5. dbiton

dbiton Member

air is being used allot - scouts, rushes, secret bases.
    and navel... its wip, and there isn't lots of water planets yet
  6. bongologist

bongologist Member

I've had a few cracking naval matches now I must say, a mix of various water planets has ensured this ;)
  7. otal

otal New Member

Hello All,

Ya, as stated above; until now we were unable to manipulate the environment battle was held on. Now remember to keep in mind that this is still Alpha, for testing reasons many units dont even hold their true health damage value. Also Land units designed to only shoot at ground units still fire on air so there hasent been much need to go outside of vehicle factories. Wait until the first or second update in the beta before we start seeing units changes in such ways.
  8. ninnamin

ninnamin Member

I would accredit lack of naval use to bombers being able to crunch them like paper. The AA boats sink way too fast for me to warrant spending much time developing a seafaring force.
    Of course, that is a balance issue and we would want that addressed in the Beta.
  9. bongologist

bongologist Member

I agree and hopefully we get some t2 naval AA too!