Oh no! now game is 64,99 euros on steam?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by kalherine, July 25, 2013.

1. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

We must tell Uber guys, that steam have pass them the leg!
    Im sure Uber don´t now Steam have lower the price !
    I imagine the amount off ppl that are joking off us that pay moore then them!
    Uber tell that Steam guys thats not right ,we don´t want to be a joke! :eek:
    Last edited: July 25, 2013
  2. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

3. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I like this
    (With this in mind, and to make it easier to get in to the alpha who have been waiting patiently,we are dropping the price)

Off course we are here since........ long time.....but.......who cares......
  4. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

I wonder if the package includes all the perks the original did, like the Alpha and Progenitor. For that price, I don't think Alpha should be included, just to make early backers and preorders feel a bit more like special snowflakes.
  5. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

alpha and progenitor are limited to backers of the respectiv KS tiers ...
    preorderers only will get the theta or additionaly the delta when buying the cosmicpack ...
    though while just a betabacker i personaly don´t mind the pricedrop at this stage ...
    i probably won´t have a problem on late beta either because i know i myself wanted this game rather funded instead of just preordering or buying it on release ...
    and i know that unlike betapreorderers i will have a progenitor :p

... but what do you guys think about this ???
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

The alpha is mostly over it makes sense to drop the price.

Guess what, the price is going down again for beta, and then down again for release.
  7. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Will there be a retail version of PA that will just be the game and not include any of the extras?
  8. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Yep. We are in the pre-order phase now so that stuff will go away.
  9. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

totaly cool with it ..
  10. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

I want my shirt pls people are complaining that I make videos naked.. some even like it.....
  11. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Well i hope drop to 5 euros then :D
    Last edited: July 26, 2013
  12. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Ty for tell us something that its Basic.
    Well guess what,im like see you joking about ower money :?:
    Iff we new that at this stage you guys will lower the price ,most off us haven´t buy it isn´t it?
    Nice play!
    I haven´t see no where talk about this lower price at this point any one saw?
    But its k ,was my mistake no one else.
    Im on Arma 3 Beta,Kerbal Space Program instant access,StarForge instant access,Interstellar Marines instant access,and some others so maybe im getting too mutch diferent info.

You guys sorry but I was always very direct.
  13. SXX

SXX Post Master General

There is one very important moment you don't understand:
    When you give money to Uber currently you are not just buying game, you fund it's development.

PS: If you really want to buy game cheaper you just wait for it's release.
  14. mushroomars

mushroomars Well-Known Member

Pretty much this. I knew when I was paying $90 (or was it $70? I don't remember...) that I was paying for all the cool collector's Commanders and the overall experience of being someone who, with little nudges this way and that, could help shape PA into a game that I would overall feel to be more enjoyable.

You're paying about $70 more than (post)retail for this game to turn into a reality, and I personally think it's worth it because this is the kind of thing that you just don't see enough.
  15. dbiton

dbiton Member

Actually, it makes me giggle in glee, i might be able to upgrade from beta and not sell my loved ones :lol:
  16. Maruun

Maruun Member

Hmm then you need to update the page on early access it still promises the goodies :)

Code:
    Early Access Includes:
    Game Key: Access the game now, during the Beta period and after Planetary Annihilation releases. 
    Theta Commander: Commanders are at the center of your faction in PA. The Theta commander is a unique shell design only available to those who purchase the game in Early Access or pre-purchase the title at a later date. It is a distinguishing symbol of your support. 
    Soundtrack: The PA Soundtrack is the game’s score by Howard Mostrom and recorded by a live orchestra. It will be yours via digital download when the game is released. 
    Desktop Wallpaper: This is the official full release Planetary Annihilation wallpaper and will come in a variety of resolutions for you to choose. (Design to be finalized by release.) 
    Digital Artbook: From early concept sketches to full renders, this is a compilation of the art and design that went into PA.
    or did i misunderstood you? :)
  17. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

This is actually a very good business move by Uber. Well played!
  18. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

Seems fair enough. To be honest, i wouldn't even have a problem if there was a big "price-countdown" on the Uber store where the number continuously decreased as time went by.

Let us assume assume $40 release on 1st december, $60 Beta on 1st September, $70 on 25th July and $90 on 8th June (obviously future dates will probably change). This gives is a good linear regression fit (R^2=0.97) with a gradient coefficient of -0.276 ($/day) and a intercept of $130.23.

This translates to the price of PA decreasing by approximately 0.00032 cents every second. Fun fact: on the day that the kickstarter was launched, access to PA cost $168.62.

This clearly does not represent a complete and fallacious abuse of statistics and regressions in any way.
    Last edited: July 26, 2013
  19. comham

comham Active Member

How long till uber are paying us for installing PA? My accountant wants to know.
  20. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

According to these calculations, PA becomes free at 20 minutes and 52 seconds past 8pm on 15th march, 2014. After this Uber will have to pay you to acquire a copy of PA

This is a bold business plan. Lets see how it pays off.