So what you players think off the game so far.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by kalherine, July 25, 2013.

1. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

I like what i see ,some things i don´t agreed so far, like scale,patroling, assist,give orders,and no other factions, but the wait will bring us good stuffs .
  2. benwilson512

benwilson512 New Member

Setting aside obvious alpha stuff, I love it. I've played hours against friends of mine and it's never stopped being fun.
  3. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

It got a lot of alpha issues obviousy.

But it goes in the right direction.

Just had an epic game where I lost to forgetfullness (no AA built, forgot to hide my commander) on a scale 6 water planet. Had an entire island for myself, metal income in the thousands, about 40 shipyards pumping out armadas, hundreds of point defenses at the coast etc. It really gave me the TA feel. :mrgreen:

(Ofc there are still lots of annoying issues with the game (like the fact that its impossible to distinguish the T1 and T2 vehicle fabber from any useful zoom level) but thats to be expected and they're killing some issues with each new version.

Good job Uber. :!:
  4. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

Haha, I too loved that game smallcpu! ;) I did think you had it in the bag with that armada! I wasn't best pleased when it sailed out of the gloom :p
  5. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Greatest game in the history of mankind. I will waste my life on this game and its successors.

I wonder will the game be successful enough to force Uber to open an office in Europe. Organizing legit tournaments with sponsors and stuff would be the ultimate goal that I want for this game.
  6. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

Gotta post this screenshot again, as I still think its beautiful.

[​IMG]

Nice use of the combomb to kill my first armada. Was something I really didn't expect. Btw. Was it a custom planet from you? With some performance improvements its a water world I want to play on again. :mrgreen:
  7. cmdandy

cmdandy Active Member

Yeah that first armada rolling up was a pretty sketchy moment... luckily I had already scouted and seen your ungodly naval infrastructure and had swapped to the combomb tactic ;) (We were originally going to try and duke it out with you navy-navy haha). Didn't expect to have to use the bombers on your navy though. Even then I was surprised how effective a group of tech two bombers can be!

Yeah it was a custom from me, had a couple of really good games on it so far!

Speaking of performance, I had a serious amount of air factories churning out units - not quite the scale you had in naval factories mind, but still - yet the lag didn't really hit for me until the closing moments of the game! My PC isnt exactly a power house either - what were the specs of the machine you were running yours on?

PS. just add to the original topic :D - this game is absolutely brilliant. Very much looking forward to orbital!
  8. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

At the moment?

I think it has just barely enough elements to be called a "game".

There's so much that needs to be added though that I feel it's a massive step away from where it needs to be to stand alongside the greats.

At the moment it feels like a tech-demo that's pretending to be a game.
  9. otal

otal New Member

I enjoy it when you take the Alpha's bug mumbo jumbo out of it and when you can move past the obvious fixs for unit helath, attack ect.

The game plays nicely with the new build thats for sure, dedicated some serious cash for a new PC to play this game the way it was intended to be. Looking forward to some big team games and having the crew together to level some of other groups i see popping up on the forum.

Overall i think PA has done fabulous so far (aside from no shields :p Never going to let it go Lulz) and im more than pleased with the early access.

So to sum it all up: if Cosmic Edition is still available, consider it purchased lol :ugeek:
  10. bongologist

bongologist Member

So far, so good :cool: