Will SupCom-style tooltips make an appearance?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eukanuba, July 24, 2013.

1. eukanuba

eukanuba Well-Known Member

I don't have access to alpha, but I've watched a lot of Youtube videos and I've noticed that a couple of very useful SupCom features seem to be missing.

Mainly, there's no indication what the consumption rate of a given building project will be, I know that PA will work slightly differently due to the simplified economy but I still feel that something like this is invaluable:

[​IMG]

As you can see, selecting the Striker tank shows you how much mass and energy it will cost to build, what the rate of resource consumption will be, and also how long it will take to build.

Also the current PA alpha build does not show what order units will be built in, it just shows for example 30 tanks and 30 fabbers, and knowing which order these are due to be built in would be very handy.

Are these features intended to be added?
  2. hanspeterschnitzel

hanspeterschnitzel Active Member

That would be very useful!
  3. eukanuba

Also showing what units are selected would be very handy, as would having the movement and attack orders shown when you press shift.

And showing which fabbers/factories are idle was exceptionally useful in SupCom, I hope it is included in PA! :)
  4. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Of course silly.
  5. eukanuba

6. turroflux

turroflux Member

Will [insert mandatory RTS feature] be a feature?

Don't leave this up in the air man.