Question About Kickstarter Backer And Steam

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Gaizokubanou, July 20, 2013.

1. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou New Member

Hello Uber, I have a question. Can pre-Steam backers activate their key on Steam now that the alpha build is out on Steam? If not, is this a planned feature? I recall reading about it being the case but maybe I'm not recalling correctly.
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Yes you can. Go here:
    https://store.uberent.com/Account/MyKeys
    Choose key and then press "Convert to Steam". But think before because there is no way back.

When you get Steam key your access to game will be revoked before you link your Steam account (with PA activated) with Uber account. It's happen automatically when you install Steam version of game and run it first time.
    Or (for Linux users) you can link accounts manually here:
    https://uberent.com/user/linksteam
  3. Consili

Consili Member

I have been away from the forums for a while, so I am a bit out of touch with any changes and updates (shifting house can be a pain) but does this aspect matter much? Looking at the link you provided I saw this stated on the side.
    From that I read that you could play PA on Steam and Ubernet launcher interchangeably (just not at the same time with the same login). Would I be correct in saying that?
  4. KNight

KNight Post Master General

From my understanding that's exactly it, turns out it worked out as before it was thought that it'd be one or the other.

Mike
  5. Consili

Consili Member

That is encouraging, I think that would be ideal.

I do like the convenience of aspects built into steam (friends list, inviting people into games, the overlay and so on) but I was on the fence about it if it meant giving up a the no-DRM option. I didn't want to be able to play both at once, just the choice of which way to access the game (A fairly minor thing in the large scheme of things if I think about it).