You can shut-up about space battles now. ^_^

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by BulletMagnet, July 20, 2013.

1. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

2. bobucles

bobucles Post Master General

Ooh, that sounds really go-

wait.

Gearbox?

Don't they only make shooters? Like Aliens: Colonial Marines? And Borderlands? And the DLC for Borderlands? How are they going to tackle a space themed RTS?

I'm not getting my hopes up. Sure, it's difficult to screw up a remake where all the hard work is done for you... but I have faith.
  3. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M

sooooooo hype!!

I doubt they'll be able to make it into as much of what they dream since they don't really have the means for it. but homeworld just was amazing in every aspect!

I'm going to participate with whoever starts a homeworld/homefront mod for PA regardless

rip Relic... aquired by THQ and sold to sega... cruel cruel destiny, for such a bunch of geniuses
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

homeworld remake? yeeeeeeeaaahhhh ..... wait gearbox???????? ...... oh hell noooo !!!
  5. turroflux

turroflux Member

"HD remake"

They're aren't doing any development, only updated textures, art assets, UI, matchmaking etc.

Calm your tits.
  6. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

"gearbox might move to make a homeworld 3"

But HD remake of homeworld 2 would blow modders minds as if they manage to add new graphic mechanics such as particle 3D smoke clouds and pin light and inderect lighting wich homeworld does not have.

Have you seen some of the mods made for homeworld 2? download this one and try it if you have a homeword 2 copy. It will blow your mind as to how incredibly detailed and graphically stunning it is.

But one of the big hindering factors they have are the graphics, as one very esthetic map they made is a dust cloud. but as the dust is composed from 3D point 2D pictures, if you look at the scenery from above and rotate all of it falls appart.

Also all of the effects, flares explosions and fired shots have much to envy from the ships themselves.

but these are technical limits.

an HD reboot, could be good.
  7. MrTBSC

WOOOHOOOO a graphical update ... way to go gearbox to get more money yaaay!!!
  8. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

But what I really want is Homeworld 3, from Relic. Relic is one of the top RTS makers out there. You know Homeworld, Dawn of War, Company of Heroes, etc. They know what they are going and have only aided the RTS genre IMO. I hope that they come out with a new IP/RTS in the next few years.
  9. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Shipbreakers isn't a new RTS IP?
  10. MrTBSC

not well known to say the least ... i sure didnĀ“t heard of it ...
    [EDIT:]
    as i just readen about it ...
    it is not made by relic or gearbox but blackbird interactive ... incuding members of the original developer team behind homeworld 1
    F2P RTS sceduled to be available next year ... hmmm well see how that one turns out ...
    Last edited: July 22, 2013
  11. RainbowDashPwny

RainbowDashPwny Active Member

I had not heard of this, how have I not heard of this? Watching their video now =)

Also this video has so much Homeworld vibe going on it is ridiculous...ly awesome!