Grapples from the old gameplay videos

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Mibuwolf, January 8, 2011.

1. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

You know, with keyboards and mice. I especially like the one where the assassin threw a mice at the supports face. Will we be seeing maybe variations of grapple animations, or will they be the same all the time?

I don't mind having grapple animations the way they are or anything, but I just kinda liked some of the ones that were shown in some of the videos.
  2. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

Yeah we talked about getting some of those grapples as variations into the PC version. They need some work to work in game-play but it's on our list.
  3. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

That's good to hear. I thought maybe from the videos that you had it already animated, so it would seem such a waste to not use them :) .
  4. Ekanaut

Ekanaut Uber Alumni

They are animated. There's a big difference from animating for a trailer vs gameplay. We keep the grapple length low as to not take the player's control away for too long as well as for each character that can grapple, every other character needs to have a reaction animation. We use three different skeleton sizes so you can see how this gets complex fast. Also, a grapple needs to end at any point in the grapple in case of grapple death.
  5. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

Ahh, yes... but still, add it in the game if you guys can. Lots of these animations looked good. To be honest, I'd rather get smacked with a keyboard than be just getting punched or something from a tank/support/gunner. Those animations don't look as "entertaining".

Can't wait to see the final product either way. ;)
  6. hickwarrior

hickwarrior New Member

Is there a way to keep the default grapples, though? I like those the best.
  7. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

incoming grapple animation packs DLC :p
  8. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

But seriously...

That music in the PC trailer... I want it!