What's it like to have [HÆTR]s?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 General Discussion' started by igotbannedagain, July 15, 2013.

1. igotbannedagain

igotbannedagain New Member

Honestly, do you guys find it kinda funny, or...?

Looking for genuine answers here.
  2. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

It depends.
    If they are at least trying to be clever, and the joke is short, then it is fine. I don't mind being poked at. I can laugh at myself because I know I do a lot of dumb crap, but if I can't laugh with them at least I can laugh at them.
    If they are dead serious, or they stretch their joke well past its welcome, then it just annoys me but it has nothing to do with me being the target and more to do with they are not amusing or the material is tired.
    Either way I never really care, but I play the game and visit the forums to have fun. Bad\stale jokes are not fun. Things that are serious I can still laugh at, but even that gets stale and stops being fun after so long. It becomes a chore, and I hate chores.
  3. joker

joker Active Member

It was different at first. I've grown accustomed to bitter rivals from smaller know-you-by-name communities like Socom, I've also known the one and done trash talk during a back and forth GB series in between games in Halo. This community was a first with people not involved getting in on it and hating for different reasons. Sometimes its funny, sometimes its back and forth with two parties not involved, lately its been very lame, boring, and probably one person with ten alts and too much time on their hands.

To answer you directly, its pretty meh. You learn to look through the comments with a smirk and subtle head shake knowing you've made your mark
  4. thej3p

thej3p Member

MYSELF going from cool to hater in about 3 seconds:
    [​IMG]
  5. thej3p

thej3p Member

But on topic: When you suck at a game, such as myself, you gotta have fun somehow, and stroking people's "gaming ego's" is always an extremely easy medium for this. IRL, I'm very aggravating, and am proud of it. Just ask my wife. For example, after an very long night of drinking this past Friday night, we woke up the next morning and I felt like I was going to have motion sickness in the car on the way home. She said we should stop to get me some dramamine, and my IMMEDIATE response was "I don't need anymore of your drama, I'll make mine by myself." I then got the no sex for you tonight look... I don't expect half the people on Xbox or forums to understand me, nor do I care. Most people, especially people from MNC, take me personally. There are a few I keep around because I know they have actual senses of humor, and those few can tell who they are because they remain on my friends list. Simple as that.
  6. motherfknskill

motherfknskill Member

It kinda fuels me to keep playing :)
  7. igotbannedagain

Those are all very good answers. I was curious what I should feel about having a hater of my own.

See, Teapot has been all over my nuts so hard for so long that I can't even grow hair there anymore. I guess I just need to take it with a smile.

Thanks fellas!
  8. botpunch2les

botpunch2les Active Member

Just like Teapot does with your nuts!
  9. igotbannedagain

That's how you do puns, playa! That's how you do puns!
  10. lolwhybother

lolwhybother New Member

You kids don't really understand what it is to be hated, because you don't do anything worth hating.

You do stupid, inane, ridiculous things, but at the end of the day people can't hate you for that because you're more sad or funny than infuriating.
  11. joker

joker Active Member

iunno I've had some text and voice messages over the past few years that say otherwise
  12. igotbannedagain

13. lolwhybother

lolwhybother New Member

yusomadandimmaturelyhomophobicthough?