Planetary Anhilation Firewall Ports

Discussion in 'Support!' started by erkki554, July 15, 2013.

1. erkki554

erkki554 New Member

Hi.

Ive tried to play Planetary Anhilation but it seems it need some Firewall port's to be opened to connect to servers since it won't support offline singleplayer.

Could somebody please answer here what are all the port's I need to open. I didn't find any else place for support than these forums.

Even I would though that there should Support site button in the front page.
  2. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

Hello,

I would like to point out that at this point Planetary Annihilation, is in Alpha Status! This means that more than 50% of the features in game that will be there in the release are not implemented yet. The other 50% is going anywhere in the range from properly working, to extremely buggy at best.

Expecting a support site during Alpha... Sorry but not sure what planet your from, Alpha's don't have a support site. Alpha's don't have a offline play mode. As for the ports... If you have a regular windows computer, it should auto open the ports you need. As for OSX and Linux, your in the wrong sub-forum to start with.

Next off I suggest you use the following feature they implemented into this forum: viewtopic.php?f=61&t=44066

Hope this helps,
  3. kryten42

kryten42 Member

Yeah, if you have a regular home router/modem you shouldnt need to change something there, as connections from the inside should be allowed by default.
  4. ryanx1n

ryanx1n Member

yet here we are helpful forum people to support

I don't know the ports but one way (and there are probably better) is to use something like wireshark and look where it's trying to send the packets.

I'm not sure but something like systeminternals process monitor or another one of their tools may also be able to help you.

I'm pretty sure you could even create an excel spreadsheet to do this by using a macro to hook into the windows netowrking stack...and that's going bit too far.

Sorry this doesn't help in the short term but if you've got the time it to invest it's a starting point.
  5. mylon13

mylon13 New Member

First hit after this thread while using search:

And yes I did this already on before I posted my initial reply... its just sad people can't search for themselves...