Waiting for the new patch? Please read.

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by beanspoon, July 13, 2013.

1. beanspoon

beanspoon Member

Over the last couple of days the forums have been flooded with people saying "So where's the new patch" or similar. Now I understand that you're impatient to play with new features - I can hardly wait. Complaining that nothing has happened for a week however will not help.

I should point out that so far the progress on this game has been astounding. Game development is a long, slow process and the fact that updates have been pushed out almost weekly up until now amazes me. To put this in perspective, it took me three months to make a fairly simple mod for Minecraft (funnily enough it involved meteorites raining from the sky), and there I already had all the architecture on a plate. These guys are building PA from scratch, so I think a little credit is due.

I understand that not everyone is familiar with the development process, but it doesn't lend itself to solid deadlines. Some things just fall into place and and you get heaps done. Other things you can be stuck on for weeks.

All I'm trying to say is that we're all excited for this game, we just need to have patience and let the dev team work their magic. While we wait, the best thing we can do is come up with reasoned argument and constructive feedback on these forums to help the devs in any way we can. Thanks for reading.
  2. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Nicely said.
  3. kalherine

kalherine Active Member

Agreed i think most off us don´t care about new things to have fun for now.
    Take all the time you guys need!
    Bether got a ROBOT that will be epic with 3 months work,then 1 ROBOT with 3 weeks works that got severel issius and most will complain about it.
    I understand ,that the development process needs to be slow ,thats just the way great games are made.
    Keep the great work guys ,we are in Love with PA:)
  4. mkii

mkii New Member

Well put. With complex applications like this it is literally asking "how long is a piece of string?"
  5. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

MODS ↓ want something new in your PA gameplay? try mods. when the game is patched you loose them. now you have time.
  6. commiecomrade187

commiecomrade187 New Member

How do you get mods when you have the steam version of PA without workshop items for it?
  7. tatsujb

you click on my damn pic and you follow instructions?
  8. beanspoon

beanspoon Member

Tough love eh?
  9. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

To be fair, the guy has pony pictures plastered everywhere. That's enough to shorten my temper :x
  10. tatsujb

thank, I'm glad the impression is shared