Playstation 4 Discussion

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by AraxisHT, June 11, 2013.

1. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

Now Nintendogs, on the other hand, is too much fun for what it is.
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Lol, I'm not sure why all these games sounds like ports for one another, not sure who is ripping off who.

Someone said xbox one is porting zynga as an app/game. Women probably go nuts over that one. Don't they make farmville? My mom would never get off if she lived with me.

Besides cool chicks who play call of duty like the rest of us, why do women play the weirdest games?
  3. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

My coworker, who is also a girl, said something perfect:
    "If the first games you mention are Call of Duty and Minecraft, you deserved to be punched in the face."
  4. thetrophysystem

I'd much rather play smnc, but what percent of females play that only nasa could calculate.

I have no hopes of one playing a real tactical shooter. Usually it is zynga or call of duty. Minecraft or runescape are moderate, i wouldn't complain.

Would you coworker say zynga is better than call of duty? Not very much original or better gameplay.
  5. NegimaSonic

NegimaSonic Active Member

Honestly matters little, it's a pet simulator. It rips off real life. I don't own Nintendogs but I'm familiar with it a bit, the touch and voice communication brings a little something to the table if you're into that kind of thing. According to wikipedia, it came out in 2005 whereas Kinnectimals came out in 2010.

I think you're slightly on the edge of saying something you prooooobably shouldn't say. But I'll humor ya, games like Farmville and such are tied in with social networking most of the time, it's something to do while at work or on the go in an app, that allows them to connect with fellow friends, spreading the addiction due to the time commitment involved. And there's always a reason to check back, min maxing timing of crops/ checking for gifts/rewards, it's an rpg without the story and it becomes a job for some people.
    Because of it's simple to pick up nature, it's easier to turn to than say downloading steam and looking for the latest game that your friends probably won't play because they're also on Facebook. It can be done from anywhere fairly easy. You can spend 5 minutes or an hour and achieve "something".
    These kind of games make their way across facebook in various forms and styles, some better than others, but they're all generally capitalizing on the same addiction concept.

I'd know since I never played Farmville, but I gave it's similarly Zynga developed cousin, Frontier Ville (or "A Pioneer's Trail" now apparently) a chance. I considered it "superior" to Farmville since it had a little more activity involved with it, but it still came down to time your crops, farm your friends for rewards. Getting the hanging on making the most out of your gold and harvesting though was a bigger challenge. And again, the social aspect is there as well. You'll get a lot of the "add me, i need hammer, send gift erryday" kind of people, but there's also the strategic smart ones there as well. On top of every update, finding every glitch, knowing everything about that 50x50 isometric plane.

It's not the kind of game you'll see any championships for, but I understand a little of how they get into people, girls and guys. While the concepts and size are different, I imagine this same kind of thing is what gets people into games like Trains Simulator and Farming Simulator, both steam games. Laughable to most gamers, even me a bit, but they have their own communities on steam and people buy them. They're still gamers, albeit of a different breed. Heck, Farming Simulator 2013 is still in the top 100 games on Steam. More than I can say about certain other games
  6. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I think I speak on behalf of myself, the 10 or so other significant female players of SMNC, and my 70% female former WoW guild when I can say shut the hell up XD
    PC probably has a much higher percentage of core female gamers than consoles, and even then most just don't speak up on voice chat or such because there's still this view of all male gamers being total asshats (which is mostly true XD) and most can't be bothered with it.

1) Out of my friends list, there's about 8. There's a few more, and that's not counting the people who aren't community-invested. Not many but -some-

2) Dude, you should really sorta stop, you're getting a little insulting. "Hey dis gurl dun like CoD prolly cus she play farmville hurr hurr" is pretty sexist.
  7. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Nintendogs was cool back then.
  8. rick104547

rick104547 Member

I know enough girls who like to play games. Maybe it was different a long time ago but girls now play games just like boys do. I think thats a good thing.
  9. Just1more

Just1more Active Member

I don't even know girls irl.
  10. jaysaurusrex

jaysaurusrex Member

Hey, gamer girl here XD
  11. thetrophysystem

12. thetrophysystem

Last post broke, too many quotes, hope New forum soon.

Speaking of tactical shooter, any coming to new consoles? No, shut up, ghost doesn't count. Any class or objective shooters?
  13. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

Pretty much all forums use bb code. The post didn't break because it was phpBB, it broke because you ballsed up your bb code. You would have the same problem on the new forums, unless they use something retarded like discourse.
  14. kvalheim

Really? Because most of my friends are into stuff like Dragon Age and likewise RPGs, and were very much into roleplaying in WoW (and some in DnD, which is why i can never get a meet up with Maritha when she's over here >.<)
  15. jbeetle

jbeetle Well-Known Member

I still don't know who that is, so nothing falls into place.
  16. thetrophysystem

Kval. Those aren't strategy shooters. Are they? I never played then online to see if they are team objective based.

Honestly, as far as real games go and not social media ones, wow, runescape, maplestory, dragon age, ect. Seem to have a higher female ratio.

Maybe that also is partially based on the total players, but even if that is checked, i still think runescape comes closer to 50 percent than cod, which is at least 10 percent, which i daresay is higher than pa or mnc ratio will be.

Speaking entirely out of statistics here. Remember, i began this convo saying how much a shame it is that more women don't play real video games instead of cutesy animal games, social media games, or hidden object find games.
  17. JammySTB

JammySTB Well-Known Member

So, you began the conversion with a fallacious, sexist and untrue argument?

There are lots of women who play all kinds of games.
  18. poiuasd

poiuasd Well-Known Member

"Real video games"
  19. kvalheim

Would you like an extra shovel to help with that grave you're digging yourself, trophy. Seriously, just stop it. Every post you keep making here is just making you come across as more misogynistic and ignorant. It's pretty much "y no girls play reel games like tactical shewters pew pew CoD is awesome"
  20. rick104547

rick104547 Member

I seen girls playing final fantasy, Dota, battlefield, minecraft, supcom etc....

May i ask why you think girls only play farmville and cod (which btw are played by boys and girls...)?