Bug: Unable to select units

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Rentapulous, July 13, 2013.

1. Rentapulous

Rentapulous Member

I played a team game recently in which after about 20 minutes I suddenly found myself unable to control any units. Nothing that I can remember prompted this, but I couldn't select my commander, structures, anything. Any advice? I was running build 50355 on Windows 7 64 bit. If this is already known forgive me, but my search of the forum came up with more unrelated results than I was willing to filter through.
  2. Ralith

Ralith Member

Sounds like a Coherent UI crash. Restarting the client and reconnecting to the game will fix it (and most other issues).
  3. carnilion

carnilion Member

possible other bug may be the thing with shift. sometimes i cant do anything either, then i have to press shift and shift look seveal times and it workes again. only apearing since 50355.
  4. stealth870

stealth870 New Member

Whoa whoa whoa, if Coherent UI crashes I can just restart the game and join back??
  5. smallcpu

smallcpu Active Member

As long as its not the server that crashes (simulation terminated) you can always restart the game and will be prompted to reconnect. If you queue up enough orders in advance, people might not even realize you were away. :mrgreen:
  6. ryanx1n

ryanx1n Member

The reconnect thing is cool (and surprisingly, to me anyway, works solidly), I've not played around with it to fully test its limits, I wonder if you could exit from a game on one pc and then connect back up from another computer.

The UI bug sounds like this one http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=97&project=1&order=history&sort=desc, which can be immensely frustrating when it happens.

Not sure if you will need to login to that site to see the issue, if so use the same login as these forums.
  7. Choromakolo

Choromakolo Member

When you have this bug just keep spamming shift then when the sticked key comes up the error.. or w.e it is left click with your mouse somewhere else ingame and it will be fixed.. but a restart would help also.